Techno Moves

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
This last trip was a 300 nm X-C from Maryland to Massachusetts. It was an excellent opportunity to really see what the G1000 had on the steam gauges. Once enroute and established, there was ample time to go through everything. There simply is a wealth of configurable information, and it is organized very well. The main area where G1000 excels for me, though, is that it offers three things not often seen in the "basic" singles:

1) Weather (XM and stormscope)
2) TIS
3) Terrain avoidance

So, I really think it is a big step up from the steam, even if I do feel like it is "too easy." I'm a convert!

(But I kept dreaming of a G1000 C206, with TKS . . . . )

Hmmn. I have all of those, and I only have an MX20, WX 900, and a 430W.....

You also have my dream machine, and I can't imagine a better setup! :) (Why didn't they ever make a pressurized Seneca?)

Yes there are lots of ways to get all those features. My seller had them all put in too -- by way of a 480, GDL-90, GDL-69, GMX-200 (he had an MX-20 but replaced it when the newer MFD came out), and WX-900.

(Okay, I don't have TIS, I have ADS-B. But it works, in most places.)

The real question, if you want all that, is do you pay to have it put in? I wouldn't. But if it was already in an airplane that I was looking at, that would (and did) greatly influence my decision.

WEATHER avoidance gear is so nice to have, IFR--however you get it!

Back