Technique question - Split Master switches

In my opinion it is against the law to dump leaded fuel on the ground with substantial penalties for each occurrence.
I dump it out my exhaust, during the entire flight! Gallons and gallons of it! I like to think of it as Chemtrail Lite. :):)

Not proud of using leaded fuel, but at least the lead concentration is far lower than the Ethyl our fathers used to fuel our cars with.

Alternator off until the engine is stabilized, also off before shutdown

I learned the "off before shutdown" (as in before mixture off) last week from my transition instructor. Something about potential for voltage spike on shutdown.

Do you disconnect the alternator when you start your car?

We can play this game all day and you will always come out on the losing end.
Can I disconnect my alternator when starting my car? With the prop
Do you disconnect the alternator when you start your car?

We can play this game all day and you will always come out on the losing end.

Actually I don't have to. The car's computer already has it turned of for starting as well as any time the engine is under a heavy load.

Can I disconnect my alternator when starting my car? With the prop
How often do you start your car with a prop? As I said, you will always lose.

Just do it the same way every time.

You can do the split start and be fine. You can have it on and be fine. What you can't do is alternate (intentionally or otherwise).

I'm sure I'll be asked "Why can't I alternate?" and the answer is that if you're not consistent you'll **** it up.

Same with the avionics master myth, and shock cooling, and spraying water on your engine to make it easier to start.

Establish YOUR procedure, consistent with YOUR POH (if one exists) and follow it consistently.

You need a brain. Obviously you don't have one.
tools-cross-settings-symbol-for-interface_318-48264.jpg

split on start on our Dakota and Bonanza ... I haven't flown the new Saratoga yet, so haven't seen that checklist/POH.

Back