Team Tango XR Question

wpballard

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bill Mallard
Anyone with experience on the 2 seat Tango XR? I have some questions.

Main one - does it fit a 6' 2" pilot comfortably?

Follow up question - any description of the flight characteristics? Easy/Hard to land? Bad habits?

Looks like a laminar flow wing?

My Tango was pretty much the XR prototype. It's the one you see on their website.

I've got a review around here somewhere, but to answer your first question, if you're long legged, then you'll probably be fine. If it's a tall trunk that you have, you may be bumping your head. My advice is to find one that you can sit in and then see if you can close the door. The seats are reclined a bit to allow for more room to fit.

As far as handling, it's a responsive aircraft. At cruise speeds you want to do control pressure, as opposed to control movement. Landing is fine. Like any other aircraft, you need to get the feel of it.

I'll see if I can find where I put my review. It's been a bunch of years. It's probably on the Purple Board.

What’s it cost to put together the Tango 2 Seater with IFR GPS/autopilot (I guess assume IFR Panel)? Probably about the same as a Vans RV7/9 I guess?

I haven't really priced a Vans. Haven't priced a Tango in the last decade or so either. However, I suspect the cost will be similar. It really depends on what you put into it equipment wise. Figure about $30k or so for the avionics.

Back