Team AeroDynamix Collision

And aviation does? :confused:

Yes, personal aviation to me is a time machine with a hell of a view, the combination of those qualities, and the available equipment, makes it an acceptable risk to me. Flying along across the country is very stress free for me, if I have to fly within a few feet of someone paying attention to them and only them, not only do I miss the view that I pay for, I am now reasonably stressed. Like I said, just not fun for me. If I am being paid, it doesn't have to be fun for me to do it, they just have to pay me enough. Ag pays enough.

What I don't understand is people who do it for fun.
What you didn't understand earlier was why anyone but the military did it. Then you said you did it, but not for the military, because you needed to. Dunno why you're justifying it to us.

Nauga,
who has done it for pay and for free.

What you didn't understand earlier was why anyone but the military did it. Then you said you did it, but not for the military, because you needed to. Dunno why you're justifying it to us.

Nauga,
who has done it for pay and for free.

I really don't understand why they wanted us to do it. The advantage is marginal at best, especially when everyone was flying with a Satloc or Picodas units. I wouldn't agree to do it again.

Weeeellll...parts of it anyway. I get what I'm here for all the same. Of course in keeping with the turn this thread has taken, if I had any complaints about POA I guess I ought to go to a different website to complain.

OTOH, DR at VAF has been very receptive to my comments when taken offline.

Nauga,
who knows this ain't Burger King

So....

Let me get this straight.... Someone sets up a internet chat forum to discuss all things aviation and then censures topics they don't like....

Suppose this person hates the Color Red....

Or anything but Lycoming engines.....

etc etc.....

Where the heck do you draw the line......?:dunno::dunno::confused:..

Ps... I am glad POA allows multiple angles for any topic...:yes::yes::yes::)

Last edited:
Interesting. I just went back over to VAF, clicked on "New posts" again, and saw nothing. And I've done that daily for three days.

That thread must never nave been "new". lol

Nah, it was new six days ago, thread locked in 14 minutes with no replies, except one afterwards by Kahuna, since he is a Mod and can post on locked threads (or unlock them, post, then re-lock).

Nah, it was new six days ago, thread locked in 14 minutes with no replies, except one afterwards by Kahuna, since he is a Mod and can post on locked threads (or unlock them, post, then re-lock).

Kinda like Lois Lerner of the IRS claiming she is innocent and then taking the 5th....:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::redface:

Where the heck to you draw the line......?
Wherever you want if it's your forum. It's up to the rest of us to decide whether or not we want to participate. What did Doug say when you asked *him* this question?

Nauga,
who doesn't go to Wendy's to complain about McDonalds

Wherever you want if it's your forum. It's up to the rest of us to decide whether or not we want to participate. What did Doug say when you asked *him* this question?

Nauga,
who doesn't go to Wendy's to complain about McDonalds

My point exactly.....:rolleyes:.....

Fact is.... I have VERY accurate knowledge of a RV crash and I wanted to share that with other RV builders and flyers in the hopes of saving a life....

Now VAF looses that critical info..........

Their loss ... NOT mine........

Fly safe buddy....:rolleyes2:

Which branch of the military is tasked with boll weevil eradication?
Maybe it's based out of Bolling Air Force Base?

Ron "Hard to do a military pun on weevil" Wanttaja

Ron "Hard to do a military pun on weevil" Wanttaja
There's a couple of buildings full of them just across the river from Bolling ;)

Nauga,
with a Capitol idea

So....

Let me get this straight.... Someone sets up a internet chat forum to discuss all things aviation and then censures topics they don't like....

Suppose this person hates the Color Red....

Or anything but Lycoming engines.....

etc etc.....

Where the heck to you draw the line......?:dunno::dunno::confused:..
Well...whether you like it or not, it *is* their forum. They can force the discussions in any direction they want. Think if it as a newspaper; you can write an outstanding letter to the editor, but that doesn't mean they have to print it.

I understand how your personal experience with that one accident would probably be useful for all RV owners. However, look at it from the forum-management point of view: They don't know who you are (other than the builder of another brand of homebuilt) they don't know what your qualifications are (after all, you could be lying), and they have no way of finding out how closely you were actually involved in the investigation.

Now, we here on POA have known you for years and probably wouldn't question your posting on the accident. But the VAF folks don't. They already have a policy to not discuss accidents...If they let you make a posting, should they inhibit any follow-up postings? Would that lead to the same sort of Fire-Ready-Aim reaction we see on POA? If they let your story post and inhibited all follow-ups, it'll look like they endorse your results. They may not want out on that particular limb.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Ron Wanttaja

Well...whether you like it or not, it *is* their forum. They can force the discussions in any direction they want. Think if it as a newspaper; you can write an outstanding letter to the editor, but that doesn't mean they have to print it.

I understand how your personal experience with that one accident would probably be useful for all RV owners. However, look at it from the forum-management point of view: They don't know who you are (other than the builder of another brand of homebuilt) they don't know what your qualifications are (after all, you could be lying), and they have no way of finding out how closely you were actually involved in the investigation.

Now, we here on POA have known you for years and probably wouldn't question your posting on the accident. But the VAF folks don't. They already have a policy to not discuss accidents...If they let you make a posting, should they inhibit any follow-up postings? Would that lead to the same sort of Fire-Ready-Aim reaction we see on POA? If they let your story post and inhibited all follow-ups, it'll look like they endorse your results. They may not want out on that particular limb.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Ron Wanttaja

Sooo True Ron......

As I said before...... Their loss....

They already have a policy to not discuss accidents...
They have always allowed discussion of accidents once a final report is published. Doug recently clarified that, posted links to several final reports, and *invited* discussion. That's just not soon enough for some people.

Nauga,
who is patient

They have always allowed discussion of accidents once a final report is published. Doug recently clarified that, posted links to several final reports, and *invited* discussion. That's just not soon enough for some people.

Nauga,
who is patient

Yeah... I posted on that thread too the other day.......

Time will tell how it will play out....

But..... It is a start...:yes:

Nauga,
who is patient
Gosh, that sounds noble -- but forums are for discussion. When someone starts dictating how and when the discussion may proceed, it gets pretty stifling.

Doug can run his site however he chooses, and I'm sure it's a fine line to walk -- but I, for one, don't appreciate it when moderation becomes censorship. Especially when there seems to be no compelling reason for censoring.

IMHO, there are two reasons for a moderator to cut off discussion:

1. Personal attacks. When posters cross over into childish name calling, or worse, it's time for that poster -- not the topic -- to be banished.

2. Liability. When posters do something that potentially puts the site at risk of legal action, that thread (or those posters) must go.

Otherwise, I can't think of any reason to ban anything. Certainly not entire aviation topics.

As for your remarks about the silliness of commenting on POA about VAF, well, that's what happens when the moderator stifles discussion. How long do you think this thread would last on VAF?

Gosh, that sounds noble -- but forums are for discussion. When someone starts dictating how and when the discussion may proceed, it gets pretty stifling.

Doug can run his site however he chooses, and I'm sure it's a fine line to walk -- but I, for one, don't appreciate it when moderation becomes censorship. Especially when there seems to be no compelling reason for censoring.

IMHO, there are two reasons for a moderator to cut off discussion:

1. Personal attacks. When posters cross over into childish name calling, or worse, it's time for that poster -- not the topic -- to be banished.

2. Liability. When posters do something that potentially puts the site at risk of legal action, that thread (or those posters) must go.

Otherwise, I can't think of any reason to ban anything. Certainly not entire aviation topics.

As for your remarks about the silliness of commenting on POA about VAF, well, that's what happens when the moderator stifles discussion. How long do you think this thread would last on VAF?

Oh.... About 3.6 seconds.......:redface:....:D

Doug can run his site however he chooses...
See, we *can* agree on something. As for the rest of your comments, simply vote with your feet - or fingertips. You always have that option. Neither VAF nor POA seem to be lacking in participation.

Nauga,
who gets what he needs

This is the RV-8, N8JL that was involved in the mid-air collision at Tuscaloosa, Al on March 29.

2rwome0.jpg

Where did you get that photo?

I saw it in a short-lived thread about the collision at VAF. I don't remember who posted it originally. The photo still exists in a newer VAF thread about formation safety.

Back