Teach Me About Prop Governors

Yep. Been trying to keep it local. Not the cheapest but not the worst. And I can drive over whenever I want. They did my GNC355 in my Archer. Their old avionics manager would never return my emails. New guy does great for the most part.
Wayne? I've found him pretty accommodating and they're quick getting my xponder checks done. Haven't looked into them for anything else lately. I've only used BMI Avionics back in 2012 for a panel refresh and then Flightstar @ CMI for some small troubleshooting but only because that's where Greg V from BMI Avionics moved to.

Who does Byerly use for prop work? APS up in the suburbs?

Wayne? I've found him pretty accommodating and they're quick getting my xponder checks done. Haven't looked into them for anything else lately. I've only used BMI Avionics back in 2012 for a panel refresh and then Flightstar @ CMI for some small troubleshooting but only because that's where Greg V from BMI Avionics moved to.

Who does Byerly use for prop work? APS up in the suburbs?
Yes, Wayne. He's a good guy. I'm a little disappointed in how they plugged the new hole in my panel from moving/replacing the transponder, but I need to give him that feedback.

They told me they use about 3 different prop shops depending on work and lead times. They've been trying a new one down in Arkansas and that is where mine went. It is called Trinity Specialized Services down in Mountain Home. Cost ended up being higher than what they had told me. That was annoying. But when they put the word "about" in front of the quote, I guess it's my own fault for not making them give me a hard number.

Back