20130824_192705.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
Assembly of these is cover in the TCM Master Service Manual X400000

Specifically in the High Tension Harness service Support Manual X43001-1

Last edited:
Assembly of these is cover in the TCM Master Service Manual X400000

Specifically in the High Tension Harness service Support Manual X43001-1

Do you have a copy?

Saw that. doesn't tell me how to get the ends off with out destroying the parts.

nor does it tell the part numbers to order the new parts to put it back together again.

I ordered new harness to go with the new mags and the harness I got must be a generic one that must fits many other engines because some of the leads are as much as 18" too long.

I ordered new harness to go with the new mags and the harness I got must be a generic one that must fits many other engines because some of the leads are as much as 18" too long.

I went through the new harness ordeal about six months ago. Ended up waiting a couple weeks for the harness to be made. Sounded like the manufacturer in Fort Worth(?) stocked a few but mostly made them to order.

Saw that. doesn't tell me how to get the ends off with out destroying the parts.

nor does it tell the part numbers to order the new parts to put it back together again....

Table 1103 has the part numbers. You don't take them apart without destroying them. What you really wanted was the universal kit that comes with the parts not yet assembled. You'd also need a couple of tools.

Table 1103 has the part numbers. You don't take them apart without destroying them. What you really wanted was the universal kit that comes with the parts not yet assembled. You'd also need a couple of tools.

I have the tools for the old style, these are not quite the same as the old style. you can disassemble the old style, but not these.

Yea, I haven't dealt with the new ones either yet but I'm going to be getting a set for my C85 so I'm learning from your experience. Looks like what I want to do is order the raw kit and build it myself.

Don't see why you can't lay the harnesses you have out on the engine then mark each lead with a note on masking tape saying how much shorter you want them, then send them back to TCM. They get the undamaged (new) pre-made harness back and you get a custom length in return.

Give them a call and let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Don't see why you can't lay the harnesses you have out on the engine then mark each lead with a note on masking tape saying how much shorter you want them, then send them back to TCM. They get the undamaged (new) pre-made harness back and you get a custom length in return.

Give them a call and let us know how it goes.

Because I do not want to wait 6-8 weeks for that to happen.

Last set I ordered from them had leads that were waaay to long. Its was supposed to be custom, but it was anything but. Just a data point.

You guys know where to get the tools from?

I make mine.

All I need are the wires and the parts to terminate them at the mag. I don't even need the caps, I can use the ones I have.

Back