TBF/TBM Avenger Pilots Response Requested

Kevin MacKenzie

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
themacster
Hello all,

My name is Kevin and I'd like to be able to interview anyone currently flying or owning or anyone that is a veteran pilot of any TBF or TBM - 1 or 3 Avenger aircraft. I am researching for a book and have several questions that you may be able to help me with. If you know of anyone who might be interested I'd appreciate spreading the word. Thank you. Anyone willing to help please contact me via my email address.

It's easier to contact the folks that are actually flying and maintaining planes like these. CAF, Planes of Fame, Fantasy of Flight, maybe the EAA. They will get you to the people you want to talk to I think.

Can’t directly answer your question, but if you need a pilot I am all ears!!

Send Charlie Cartledge an email.... lakeeriewarbirds@gmail.com. He has a beautiful example flying, and he's always happy to talk airplanes.

Charlie's local, and I was lucky enough to get to get some time in the bombardier/naviagators position shortly after he finished it.

TBM.jpg

TBM2.jpg

Jim

Last edited:
Thank you all for the suggestions and contacts. I'd been hoping to connect to someone at the Great New England Airshow at Westover ARB this year, but there didn't seem to be anyone with an Avenger attending.
And then, I see on the news, a flyby including a TBM. Oh well. That's what I get for trying to avoid crowds.

Back