TB-20 Trinidad

When I was in HS in the early 90's I dreamed of flying (but couldn't afford it), my folks bought be a subscription to Private Pilot magazine and I still remember the first issue I got had a bright red Trinidad on the cover with gold stripes. I've wanted one ever since...

We ended up with an F33A, but thanks for all the info.

Sounds like we both started in the same place and ended up in the same place. I have nothing bad to say about the Trinidad, but I’m loving my Bonanza now too...

Sounds like we both started in the same place and ended up in the same place. I have nothing bad to say about the Trinidad, but I’m loving my Bonanza now too...

Pretty much. The TB-20 seems like a good airplane, but its hard to beat a F33. Our mechanic also said it can be a challenge to get parts for the TB as well.

Is your club's advertised anywhere?
It was on the usual sites for a while, but as it wasn't receiving much interest during the obnoxious Syracuse winter, I let the listings expire with plans to renew shortly as spring finally approaches. It's still on socata.org.

I can tell ya'll something about the comments regarding parts being hard to source. Parts are hard to source for ANY earlier model aircraft...even US certificated! The Piper and Cessna manuals look like WWII cartoon manuals (Night and day between military or commercial manuals...as I have worked on both). I still find myself taking pics of parts for vendors or sending off for samples...and the P/Ns have changed/upgraded several times over the years. Any A & P would have no more difficulty then US aircraft when searching for parts. Also, this aircraft at least has an OEM manual for inspections in which all older aircraft were certificated under CAR 3 meaning you have to use the standard/generic FAR 43 part D criteria...which is generic in nature.

I am on the scout for an upgrade to a retractable with BO like HP. Everything I have researched (AvWeb, POA, AOPA, PIREPs, etc) are quickly steering my towards one of these. The biggest plus is that all my research tells me the engineering allows for easy access and maintenance. Any of ya'll tried to access the avionics under the dash of a Mooney, flight control cables on a Cessna or Piper? My being able to work on something would be the biggest plus in my book.

Just IMOP

:)

Back