Taylorcraft BC-12D

RyanShort1

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
RyanShort1
So between a slow summer here and our new baby I've decided that the Taylorcraft is going on the market. I went to the trouble of insuring it for instruction and rental and I doubt very much that I'll be able to make up the money I spent on insurance this year! The light sport market down here just isn't what I thought. I was doing pretty well down in Boerne with students in the Apollo Fox before it left, but that hasn't happened here. Also, now that we have our cute little girl, I don't like the idea that I can't take her along for trips, so something with four seats is really appealing right now.

Anyway, I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

10543600_10204257189896123_4450735772568285915_n.jpg

More at the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10204257188936099.1073741833.1419322240&type=1

She's got a decent useful load, can do 95 mph on 4 gph and has about 300 SMOH.

I'd like to get $18K for her.

Oh, and as long as I still have her, I am still doing tailwheel training with her.

You need to fly it to OSH and see if you can work a trade on a PA-20 or C-170 with some old guy looking to go LSA.

Yep, see if you can get a bite on a Barnstormers ad as well. Or you could try and work a deal on a 310 and get into the ME rating and time building market. ;) Does a T-Cart go on floats?

Yep, see if you can get a bite on a Barnstormers ad as well. Or you could try and work a deal on a 310 and get into the ME rating and time building market. ;) Does a T-Cart go on floats?
I've got a Barnstormers ad up. Yes, they can go on floats, and they are pretty neat. A friend of mine has one on floats up in Alaska.

Last edited:
Bump. Flew it today with a customer. Still love this bird. Wish it had one more seat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I have a few hours in a BL-65 with a converted Conti. They flutter around pretty well when breezy. Honest planes. The strut AD was a pain, but hopefully it's all behind now. Getting in and out for old or tall folks is a - challenge. Seems like a fair price for a fair plane.

I the fabric is half way decent thats a good deal and a great plane!

How much would it cost to put something like that on floats Henning?

Not sure, I haven't ever priced a rig out. I'd imagine if you can find a set used ready to go on, $5000-$7500 ready to fly, $20k on new glass floats.:dunno: That's just guessing.

Well, this is crazy. After four months of no Sport Pilot interest and too little flight time, at the same time that I start getting what sound like some serious calls about my bird, I have two guys that want to start sport pilot training... What gives?

Legal to fly that airplane with the doors off?

Well, this is crazy. After four months of no Sport Pilot interest and too little flight time, at the same time that I start getting what sound like some serious calls about my bird, I have two guys that want to start sport pilot training... What gives?

Summer boredom. They'll get about half way through and realize that tootling around in a 70YO plane is noisy, hot, slow, and expensive and they will go buy a boat at the boat show. :D

Back