Tastes Great- NOT!

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Got home today after a long week of being in Florida and taking care of mom. When I got back up north it was freezing and all I had was a lite jacket with me to clean all the snow off of the car. I go into the office to catch up on a few things and then to the house.

Once I am there it is dinner so make a salad and a Boca burger patty melt. As I am almost done wit that the cats would really like to celebrate my return with some soft food so I grab a can for them. I put it in the bowls as I am cooking the patty melt so I do this right on a spot next to the burner. I give them their food and all is well, I then finish making my dinner and go eat.

When I come back to clean up there is a little piece of Boca burger next to the pan I cook 'em in. The crumb is about the size of pen cap, so I pick it up and plop it in my mouth. It does not taste quit like a Boca burger, more like a cheap patte'. :eek::eek:

That is when I realized I had forgotten I prepped their dinner right in that spot and I had just eaten some cat food. Yuck! I do not see why they like it, not all that good if you ask me. And this was the good stuff, Science Diet liver and turkey. :vomit:

Time for jammies and bed and hopefully nothign else goes wrong :fcross:

Just take your mind off it, have a nice bowl of warm milk and get some rest. :D
GREAT Response!

By smell alone, I don't get what my cat sees in the stuff but hey... he's not supposed to have the stuff I do according to the Doc. I do share a little smoked ham with him now and then. But, if he wastes any... I'll waste it, too! :vomit:

Just take your mind off it, have a nice bowl of warm milk and get some rest. :D

-- Pilawt
ROFL!

You'll survive, plus think of all those great vitamins and minerals you don't get in a Boca burger!

The other month I reached into the pantry to get some late night snacks. I spied some cookies and thought that was great...until after about 4 or five cookies I realized they were doggy cookies. IIRC, I ate another couple to be sure.

Nick, don't you dare say you haven't fought Piper over 'his' snacks....

LOL Richard. Reminds me of a story from back in New Hampshire.

I walked into my Aunt's house and saw a tray of cookies, freshly unwrapped. They looked like raspberry filling with graham cracker outsides. I grabbed on and bit into it....

And almost ralphed. The raspberry filling was actually meat flavored, the out part was milk-bone flavored. Not a good combo.

Not dog/cat food but...

When I was still living at home with mom and dad, and mom would make cookies/cupcakes or whatever snacky-sweet items it was, there would be a huge rush to eat them - except for the last one, because no one wanted to be blamed for eating the last one, because then we would be the one guilty of "Who ate all the cookies?" question. Well, finally one early morning, when there was enough light to see around the house and make out silhouettes but no detail to really see things, I decide to be brazen and take the last cupcake. Chomp, Chomp, Chomp. Hmmmm, this doesn't taste quite right so I flip on the light. Well, it was a cupcake alright, with green fuzz growing on one side of it. Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmmm. Tasty. Not.

except for the last one, because no one wanted to be blamed for eating the last one, because then we would be the one guilty of "Who ate all the cookies?" question.

We must have had the same Dad. He didn't care who ate how many or when, if you were the one to eat the last one? :lightning:

I've been there too - once ate half of a sandwich before I noticed my fingers were blue.

Upon further inspection, so was most of the bread.

I've been there too - once ate half of a sandwich before I noticed my fingers were blue.

Upon further inspection, so was most of the bread.

I bet your infections went away too. MMMMM......Penicillium

Or he tripped out. Wasn't LSD originally derived from bread mold?

Close- IIRC, it's derived from the ergot alkaloid lysergic acid, which is then modified by converting it to a diethyl amide. The Claviceps genus fungi do grow on grain, but I think the lifespan of the fungus is too long to get high from eating blue bread.

Last edited:
LOL..thanks for the laughs everyone!

Back