Tarrant County Community College

jedi93

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TS
Does anyone who lives in the DFW area have any information about this program? Have the option to use the Gi Bill after getting my private and this along with Liberty appear to be my only options. Liberty would be limited in amount of funds I could get per year at 26k, while Tarrant would be not capped since it’s not a private school. Mainly just looking to see what the schedule run and if it might fit into my work/life balance or how I could arrange the work/life balance to make it fit.

Yes…. It is a good operation.

For a university level program in this area, it’s worth your time to visit.

Yes…. It is a good operation.

For a university level program in this area, it’s worth your time to visit.

Thanks: I’ve heard good thinks about it and that’s it’s tan by USAA the same company that runs the one at DTO. Just have aLways heard you might get less of your money sitting on the ground there due to it being a busy airport. But you’re right, I guess I need to just set up an appointment and check them out.

I instructed for TCJC/TCC in the mid 80's so my info is very old. You might check out Mountain View college on the SW side if Dallas. I know as of a few years ago they had a pilot program and may except GI funding. I got my Associate Degree in Pilot Technology from them.

Last edited:
Thanks: I’ve heard good thinks about it and that’s it’s tan by USAA the same company that runs the one at DTO. Just have aLways heard you might get less of your money sitting on the ground there due to it being a busy airport. But you’re right, I guess I need to just set up an appointment and check them out.
Wait times for the runway at KAFW is not terrible. At least not like KADS.

There are two runways, and the tower gang really does a good job keeping things efficient even during the busy times when Amazon or DHL are buzzing.

Let me know when you’re here for a visit and we will link up.

If you are not hard set to be in DFW directly, might be worth checking out TSTC down in Waco too.

Does anyone who lives in the DFW area have any information about this program? Have the option to use the Gi Bill after getting my private and this along with Liberty appear to be my only options. Liberty would be limited in amount of funds I could get per year at 26k, while Tarrant would be not capped since it’s not a private school. Mainly just looking to see what the schedule run and if it might fit into my work/life balance or how I could arrange the work/life balance to make it fit.

A college based program isn’t real friendly for the student with a full time job and a “life”. You will have to adjust your life around the college’s schedule and if you miss a scheduled class get out your wallet to pay the instructor for make up. This includes all ground school classes that have a mandatory attendance.

The syllabus will include 35 flight hours. That’s all the VA will pay for and no one finishes with 35 hours. The national average for private pilot is 65 hours. You can plan on VA only paying about 60% of the bill.

Back