Tapatalk

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
Ok, I just loaded Tapatalk and am in the forum through that program.

What the hell is the big deal about this program? PoA looks nothing like the forum on PilotsofAmerica.com, and so far maneuvering through PoA doesn't seem any easier than getting it on my iPad.

I don't get it. What's the big deal?

Ok, I just loaded Tapatalk and am in the forum through that program.

What the hell is the big deal about this program? PoA looks nothing like the forum on PilotsofAmerica.com, and so far maneuvering through PoA doesn't seem any easier than getting it on my iPad.

I don't get it. What's the big deal?
I don't have an iPad so I can't comment on that but browsing POA on Tapatalk is much easier than using Safari on my iPhone. The screen is small enough that conventional websites don't display easily.

Faster. Transfers a lot less data than the website but you can still pop open the browser inside it if you need to see something. Especially on slow mobile data connections.

Also useful if you track a bunch of other forums as most have the API these days.

Also auto-scrolls to last-read post in any thread without having to play target-practice on a touchscreen with that tiny little blue arrow box.

Kinda also a little nostalgic for USENET days when you chose your viewer, and the server didn't care how you wanted to display things... for us old farts who find browsers generally annoying. ;)

Like this:
d898b3c7-463e-8800.jpg

And then there's this:

staticmap
Denali Park Hdqtrs Rd, AK 99755, USA

It's probably not needed with the iPad, but on a phone it is a big help.

Back