Tapatalk says it can't log in

I upgraded the plugin tonight. Can you post a screenshot of the error (or PM it to me if it contains private information)?

I just completely logged out and logged back in and it worked fine. Were you signing in through tapatalk's authentication system? Or just using your PoA credentials?

Just got "you are not allowed to log in via tapatalk" then dropped me back to a login screen. I re-entered my password and it tried to log in. I cancelled but then here I am on tapatalk now.

I didn't think that we ever supported logging in with the tapatalk authentication system. I've only ever logged in with my straight PoA username/password.

I have a screenshot, but I normally use Tapatalk to post pictures, as it hosts them. I think I figured out how to attach it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 24
I closed the app and reopened it and got the same error after it prompted me to log in. After I cleared the login error, it seems to be letting me view posts.

I'm also getting hundreds of post that have marked as "Read"

I have a screenshot, but I normally use Tapatalk to post pictures, as it hosts them. I think I figured out how to attach it.

I got this same error. Then Tapatalk crashed. When I restarted it I got the same thing. I'm using Safari right now.

John

Ditto, same error. Has worked for years.

Works ok on my iPhone but I get the message on my iPad. I'll pm the screenshot to Jason.

I upgraded the plugin tonight. Can you post a screenshot of the error (or PM it to me if it contains private information)?
I couldn't attach a photo to a pm so I am posting it here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 18
I didn't think that we ever supported logging in with the tapatalk authentication system. I've only ever logged in with my straight PoA username/password.

BTW, I have never logged into Tapatalk, only PoA.

I had the same error...

OK, as I'm typing this, Tapatalk now started working (at least for reading posts)... Wierd.

c9ef6db51c219db5ca7a9fa260cb998a.jpg

Image test.

It keeps popping up the message, whenever I go to Tapatalk, but I can close it and it seems to work normally, so it would appear that I am logged in. It definitely sounds like a bug.

Ok. I just made this video that shows how to log out and log in using PoA authentication instead of tapatalk authentication. Frankly, I don't want that service to stand between us and our users. For instance, I'd rather host images than to have them go through tapatalk. By default, they intercept those and host them. They're finding more and more ways to insert themselves into the equation and I'd rather not rely on them.

In the video you see how to set your image preferences to upload to us instead of tapatalk.

Can you try this and see if it works before I revert to relying on them to be a proxy between you and us?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjwexwe0fud0cu1/tapatalk.mov?dl=0

Deleted POA, logged out of Tapatalk, still cannot log in using POA credentials.

Mine was acting weird on the "Feed" screen. If I back out of that and enter the specific forum, it seems to behave.

If I hit the back arrow in the upper left when the log in screen pops up, it lets me right in.

Keeps telling me I'm not allowed to use Tapatalk, but if I hit "cancel" let's me in anyway.

It happened to me, but since I know this is a government conspiracy I thought to put on my tin hat.

it worked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tapatalk somewhat worked on the iPhone until I deleted the POA account. Now I can't log in at all. I even deleted the app and redownloaded it but that doesn't work either.

Ugh. Tapatalk is the way I read this forum 98% of the time. I hope this can be fixed.

I deleted the account per the video. Now it won't let me log in at all (same failure, but I can't hit the back arrow and magically start working).

I have the same error on my iphone and iPad.

I'm having trouble on my galaxy note 2.

I had the same problem but, after it gave the error message, then denied my login attempt and the window closed, it was as if it had logged me in and still worked fine. Seems to be working fine now.

I cannot login using Tapatalk either. No matter what I do or how I do it, it tells me I'm not authorized to sign in with Tapatalk. Removing and adding it back doesn't help.

The login problem *should* be fixed now. Try again and let me know.

I didn't get the error this time. Thank you!

Back