Tapatalk Crashing - Anybody Else?

LevelWing

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
LevelWing
Is anybody having issues with Tapatalk? Every time I open it on my iPhone or iPad it crashes. I've rebooted both devices but it didn't help. It just started happening a couple of days ago and I haven't installed any updates that would have affected it.

Is anybody having issues with Tapatalk? Every time I open it on my iPhone or iPad it crashes. I've rebooted both devices but it didn't help. It just started happening a couple of days ago and I haven't installed any updates that would have affected it.

It's the North Koreans!!!:D

YES! I have never had issues with it before until a day or so ago, now it crashes every time!

It has been ok for me on droid phone, but the ipad has been unstable. Not trying to start a platform debate just provide info.

Working fine for me. This is being posted on Tapatalk (iPad).

Had one forum it would crash on yesterday. Their admins said their hosted site was down.

Have also had it do odd things with a corrupt cache before. Turned off network on iOS, went to settings and deleted the cache, all fixed.

Ok for me on android, but it detest the new interface. That sucks

What's wrong with the normal POA interface that you need Tapatalk to interface with it for you?

What's wrong with the normal POA interface that you need Tapatalk to interface with it for you?

Because Tapatalk displays forums much nicer than a browser on handhelds.

Besides the target practice needed on a large monitor to hit the blue icon to go to the last unread in a thread or all of the wasted white space on a big monitor?

Nothing. ;)

Tapatalk is useful when you belong to several different forums. It's easier to bounce around.

Had one forum it would crash on yesterday. Their admins said their hosted site was down.

Have also had it do odd things with a corrupt cache before. Turned off network on iOS, went to settings and deleted the cache, all fixed.
Can you elaborate on this? I was looking through the settings and didn't see it.

Tapatalk is useful when you belong to several different forums. It's easier to bounce around.

Hmmm, I'm on 3 forums, mostly on my iPad mini. When I have trouble hitting the little blue button for the last post, a quick zoom fixes that.

I've seen cut-and-paste pictures from Tapatalk, and don't care for all of the wasted space.

Hmmm, I'm on 3 forums, mostly on my iPad mini. When I have trouble hitting the little blue button for the last post, a quick zoom fixes that.

I've seen cut-and-paste pictures from Tapatalk, and don't care for all of the wasted space.

Cool. Helpful for some, not necessary for others. Use it don't use it, doesn't matter to me.

With the mini I can go either way. With the phone I only use Tapatalk. If it is down I don't even try to access POA or any other forum.

Can you elaborate on this? I was looking through the settings and didn't see it.

Main page, switch to profile view, top right, little "gear" icon for Settings... Midway down that page.

83565ccf3ac92fa6e2f7b21fcd46fd23.jpg

Yeah in Tapatalk it's a view. "Unread". They're all there in one place without having to bounce around.

23f427bbde89bed0dee74d1d89003d0a.jpg

A few weeks ago it quit working (iPad). I did something or they did and it's working again. Try uninstalling, powering your iPad off and on, and reinstalling. Also read the recent comments on the app in the App Store, they might have hints.

I haven't had any trouble with TapaTalk, but I can't visit any page on AOPA's site on either my laptop or my desktop, in either Chrome or IE, without it locking up the browser. Anybody else?

I haven't had any trouble with TapaTalk, but I can't visit any page on AOPA's site on either my laptop or my desktop, in either Chrome or IE, without it locking up the browser. Anybody else?

This would appear to me to be a feature, not a bug. ;)

Main page, switch to profile view, top right, little "gear" icon for Settings... Midway down that page.

83565ccf3ac92fa6e2f7b21fcd46fd23.jpg
Thanks. I thought you were talking about resetting something on the iPhone settings. Unfortunately neither resetting the cache nor reinstalling the app fixed anything. I'll have to check the App Store reviews for information as someone earlier posted and see if that helps.

Tapatalk started working again. Not sure why it stopped working or why it started again, but it's now working again.

Tapatalk started working again. Not sure why it stopped working or why it started again, but it's now working again.

I think this is what happened to me. It used to work, it quit working, then started working again. Don't think it was due to new versions either. Sometimes the gizmotronics, like god, work in mysterious ways.

Tapatalk sent me an email informing me that they'd been hacked, and to expect troubles with it for a while.
Interesting that they would do that as I haven't used it in about a year now. (since the tablet that had it installed was stolen)

Tapatalk sent me an email informing me that they'd been hacked, and to expect troubles with it for a while.
Interesting that they would do that as I haven't used it in about a year now. (since the tablet that had it installed was stolen)
I haven't heard anything about that. It could make sense because they're having issues.

And just like that, Tapatalk stopped working on the iPhone again. It's still working on the iPad, for now.

Back