Tapatalk ads

NoHeat

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
I'm wondering whether PoA agreed with Tapatalk for the latter to place embedded ads in list of posts.

I think Tapatalk claims these ads appear only if the forum owner agrees.

The reason I am asking is that I noticed the ads for the first time today, when I saw an ad for NyQuil, which struck me because one must wait several days to fly after taking that drug, since it contains Doxylamine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451968463.843699.jpg

Not even seeing them here but I'm a grandfathered paid user of both the paid app and their image upload service.

A. What's tata-talk? :)
B. Why oh why do you allow ads? Blocking them is oh so easy.
C. And if you need convincing for B., let me use the worst phrase ever: "c'mon man, everybody's doing it". :D

Seriously, I haven't seen an ad in years.

A. What's tata-talk? :)
An app for your phone that allows you to download the posts in a more phone/tablet readable format.
B. Why oh why do you allow ads? Blocking them is oh so easy.
It is NOT a web browser.

This site supports it as does several other sites I use (including one I administer). It takes a small insertion in the forum software to bundle the data nicely for Tapatalk. The RedBoarders refuse to support it even though I am almost 100% certain that their secondary authorization (the cookies require you to log into the main site to assure you're a member) would work just fine.

An app for your phone that allows you to download the posts in a more phone/tablet readable format.
I was being funny. Remind me not to do that ever again. :D

It is NOT a web browser.
I never said anything about a web browser.
Majority of ads can be blocked at the DNS translation level. Haven't seen an ad in ... well ... months.

Not even seeing them here but I'm a grandfathered paid user of both the paid app and their image upload service.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I paid for the HD version of the app years ago, so I emailed Tapatalk yesterday to ask for their "vip" paid status without paying the $0.99 price, and they agreed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I paid for the HD version of the app years ago, so I emailed Tapatalk yesterday to ask for their "vip" paid status without paying the $0.99 price, and they agreed.

Cool!

Back