Tango 2/XR

Tmpendergrass

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tmpendergrass
As I've said in another thread I have been looking into buying an rv-6a or 7a. But in my research I came across the tango 2 and tango xr. Does anyone have any experience flying these aircraft? With their factory assistance program I may even be able to consider building one.
Responses appreciated
Thanks
T

No experience with the Tango series, but have always had an eye on the Tango XR because it almost has enough range on its regular tanks to fly to Hawaii from the mainland. Another 20 gallons....

No experience with the Tango series, but have always had an eye on the Tango XR because it almost has enough range on its regular tanks to fly to Hawaii from the mainland. Another 20 gallons....

My thoughts exactly. Love the idea of being able to have 10hrs of fur aboard.

Since I am on Tapatalk, i am not sure if this is POA or the Purple Board. If it is the latter, paging Anymouse....

Andy has, I think, the original XR.

Since I am on Tapatalk, i am not sure if this is POA or the Purple Board. If it is the latter, paging Anymouse....

This is POA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Andy posts here..same pseudonym..

He has the orignal XR...hangered in NC...

Andy posts here..same pseudonym..

He has the orignal XR...hangered in NC...

I already responded on the PB, but thought I would add that my longest non-stop cross country was from Scappoose, OR to Little Rock, AR (SPB-LIT) in about 8.1 hours. I did it at 15.5k and burned 64 gallons of fuel doing it.

I've looked at the Hawaii thing as well and even thought about doing a flight from Dillingham, HI to Dillingham, AK just for fun. Unfortunately, it would take a ferry tank, and I haven't put much thought into ferry tanks. I'm sure it would be easily doable though as long as you didn't take much luggage beyond food water and life raft.

I already responded on the PB, but thought I would add that my longest non-stop cross country was from Scappoose, OR to Little Rock, AR (SPB-LIT) in about 8.1 hours. I did it at 15.5k and burned 64 gallons of fuel doing it.

I've looked at the Hawaii thing as well and even thought about doing a flight from Dillingham, HI to Dillingham, AK just for fun. Unfortunately, it would take a ferry tank, and I haven't put much thought into ferry tanks. I'm sure it would be easily doable though as long as you didn't take much luggage beyond food water and life raft.

What are the identifiers of those two fields? Interesting adventure....

What are the identifiers of those two fields? Interesting adventure....

Umm.... :rolleyes:

:p

(PHDH-PADL) ;)

Roughly 2250 NM

Last edited:
Umm.... :rolleyes:

:p

(PHDH-PADL) ;)

Roughly 2250 NM

Seems like a good trivia question for an AOPA "test pilot"

I took off from Dillingham and landed at Dillingham, can I log this as X-C?
:)

Like the Tango a lot and thought about getting the XR. Looks similar to a Glasair. Saw one at an air show that had vortilon tape on top of the wing to reduce stall speed. Not sure how well that worked out.

Like the Tango a lot and thought about getting the XR. Looks similar to a Glasair. Saw one at an air show that had vortilon tape on top of the wing to reduce stall speed. Not sure how well that worked out.

I think Denny was playing with that a while back. IIRC, he didn't notice any difference and pulled it all off.

Hi Any,

When are you going to fly the Tango back to Arkansas and give me a ride in it? :yes:

Well, I was thinking about flying over at the end of October, but those plans may have gone to crap. I might be going back to work a bit earlier than I was expecting.

Well, I was thinking about flying over at the end of October, but those plans may have gone to crap. I might be going back to work a bit earlier than I was expecting.

No way...that NEVER happens. :rolleyes:

Back