Tangier Island, VA; KTGI

charbonn

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Francois
Looking for 3 days on the Island in sept.
Any advise about hotels and b&b?
Would like to rent a cart or car.
I’m expecting windy conditions for landing.

Francois

There are only a couple of places to stay on island and you can walk anyplace you want to go.

I would not recommend 3 days unless you are chartering a fishing boat or something. Spend one night at the most if you are just visiting.

Its small and a little weird. "Dry" Island but you'll see the locals rolling around with half hidden cases of beer in their golf carts.

Crisfield is nearby and a has a fun little downtown and some charter boats. Late summer is a good time to fish, lots of action near the harbor.

Looking to your suggestion. Thank you

The weirdest thing about Tangier is all the vaults. I mean, there's no place to bury people, and the island is shrinking, so seems like every yard has headstones and burial vaults and stuff sticking up. Interesting at first, but started to creep me out a little.

Nothing is open until 11am. That's when 'the boat' with the tourists arrives.

I would not recommend 3 days unless you are chartering a fishing boat or something. Spend one night at the most if you are just visiting.

Its small and a little weird. "Dry" Island but you'll see the locals rolling around with half hidden cases of beer in their golf carts.

Crisfield is nearby and a has a fun little downtown and some charter boats. Late summer is a good time to fish, lots of action near the harbor.

Yeah, it’s a day trip kind of place...:yes:

I agree that 3 days is too long. After the first day, you will think you are Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.

This is a great place to see the effects of rising ocean levels... shrinking real estate, insular culture, and independent people reduced to looking for a bailout, though they don’t see it that way. It’s slowly dying.

Unless you have some peculiar interest in such things, land, rent a bike, tour, eat, and take-off. Dollars to donuts you won’t return.

Fly-in crabs? Fly-in to Kentmorr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

This is a great place to see the effects of rising ocean levels... shrinking real estate

Tangier is a tiny, flat, low lying island that is very susceptible to hurricanes, flooding and erosion. Those islands naturally come and go, I have been boating and fishing in that area since I was 10 years old. It used to be somewhat wealthy but the availability of cheap seafood from foreign countries and pollution in the bay has really put a hurtin on their economy.

I drop by once every few years. Its fun to walk around and grab a bite to eat.

Tangier is a tiny, flat, low lying island that is very susceptible to hurricanes, flooding and erosion. Those islands naturally come and go, I have been boating and fishing in that area since I was 10 years old. It used to be somewhat wealthy but the availability of cheap seafood from foreign countries and pollution in the bay has really put a hurtin on their economy.

I drop by once every few years. Its fun to walk around and grab a bite to eat.

I’d be very interested to know if they serve blue crabs from the Bay or from the Gulf. I don’t think the crabs were ever subject to foreign competition, just degradation of the Bay’s water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back