Tan-Tar-A Fly-In, Sept 26 & 27

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
All,
Okay, here's the deal, Chris and I are going to Tan-Tar-A the 25, 26 & 27 of Sept and we'd love it if others would join us.

First, use the term “Winters’ Fly-In” when talking with Tan-Tar-A or the airport.

Destination: Tan-Tar-A Resort. www.tan-tar-a.com

Airport at Destination: Grand Glaize-Osage Beach (K15), click here for the airport layout.

Aircraft parking is on the NE ramp. Phil (the airport guy) said they have plenty of tie downs, including rope, for up to 60 planes. I think that MIGHT be enough for us. ;)

Fuel is full service and they will give us a $0.10 discount. Not a huge discount by any means but their current price is $3.99 so they're pretty reasonable in the first place. They’re open 8-8 during the week, 8-6 on Saturday and Sunday.

Upon your arrival, if no one else is at the airport and you’re not renting a car, simply call Tan-Tar-A at 573-348-3131 and ask for the bell stand. Tell the bell stand that you're at the airport and they'll come over and pick you up. I've flown to Tan-Tar-A three times for dinner and never waited for over 15 minutes.

Tan-Tar-A has everything a person needs to I don't plan to rent a car but if you'd like to then:
Enterprise 573-348-1534
Xpress Auto 573-348-0255
Preferred Auto 573-348-2600
All three will drop a car off at the airport according to Phil.

For reservations, you can call 800-Tan-Tar-A (800-826-8272) or 573-348-3131. If we get 10 rooms or more then our rate will be $92. If we don’t then the rate will be $160. Tell them that your company is “the Winters’ Fly-In” and they will keep track of reservations and call me if/when we make it to the magic 10 room plateau.

The only activities that I am planning for the group are:

Dinner Saturday night at the Black Bear Lodge for 7pm. I made reservations for 20. We can always tweak this number later.

Golf Sunday morning at Tan-Tar-A’s 18 hole course ($59). I have two tee times reserved for approx. 10am. We can always increase or decrease the number of tee times as necessary.

Attendance of both of these events is, of course, optional and feel free to plan for yourself anything else that Tan-Tar-A has to offer.

Our hospitality agent, in case you should have any questions, is Angela Uxa, 573-348-5862.

I plan to fly-up on Friday and depart on Monday, kick back and enjoy the activities that Tan-Tar-A has to offer.

I also plan to play their nine hole course Saturday morning so, if anyone else plans to fly-in on Friday night then you are welcome to join in.

We’re also thinking about taking our bikes but I’ve never tried to get them in the plane before so that may take some R&D to pull off.
Hope to see many of you there!

Feel free to chime in and let me know if/what I'm missing in the above details.

Last edited:
Ah, TTA resort! Was there last in 94' w/ the Cherokee Pilots Assoc. Fun place and lots to do back then. Have fun!

Tan-Tar-A tells me that they still have a fly-in every year on the third weekend of June and that last year was well upwards of 100 planes.

Tan-Tar-A tells me that they still have a fly-in every year on the third weekend of June and that last year was well upwards of 100 planes.

That was 2008. This year we only managed 47 planes at the Cherokee Pilots Association fly-in, a tremendous drop-off.

We still had a great time, of course, but it was sad to see what the economy (and other factors) had done to this fly-in.

You guys will have fun at TTA. And the guys at Grand Glaize airport are absolutely the best!

Kinda like Arkansas...lots of hills only these hill have plenty of alcohol :cheerswine: and the party cove :thumbsup:

The party cove is Girl Scout Cove.... I used to run my 12' hydro with a Merc 402x topped with a ramjet I built there, we'd have cartwheels off the innertube at 70 contests there....

In an attempt to generate a little more interest, here are some photos from a Tan-Tar-A party we had in November of 2006. As you can see, it's a really neat place and one thing is for certain; we're going to have fun!

Come on out and join us!

14277-BlackBear.jpg

14278-BlackBear1.jpg

14280-BlackBear3.jpg

14279-BlackBear2.jpg

14281-BlackBear4.jpg

14282-Cottages.jpg

14283-Lakeside1.jpg

14285-Main1.jpg

14284-Lakeside2.jpg

14286-Main2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Tim, Great pics! Brings back memories! Thanks for sharing!

Back