Tampa Bay Flyers

Flyer86

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Mike
Anyone know of any Tampa specific flying clubs or partnerships looking for people? Also, if anyone knows of any tampa specific forums... I'm interested in a cessna or transitioning to a low wing. Biggest thing I'm looking for is a plane that I'm not afraid of having the switches, knobs, armrests, window latches falling off of when I'm trying to use it...

Last edited:
I think about every airport in the area at least has rentals. I'm a member of central florida Pilots assoc in lakeland but that's just a pilots club. Not very active this time of year although we had a party last week. Really is going to depend where in Tampa area you are going to be. Big difference in rental prices in the area however. Lot of planes in area so I'm sure you will find something. Myself of course living in plant city fly out of PCM.

I'm pretty much open to anything at Whitted, Tampa Exec, PIE. Just has to have reasonable prices and I'll be interested.

I'd be interested too if anyone knows of any partnerships or clubs in the Tampa area. Haven't found any myself, so just been renting from my flight school. As already stated, pretty much every airport around here has rentals. I found that the Clearwater side of the bay tends to be cheaper than the Tampa side. And then the further you get from the city center the cheaper it becomes.

St Pete air club is pretty good. I have hangar at Whitted but belong to the club just in case I need a plane and mine is down. $15/month to belong nice planes. I know the mechanics that work on them and its done right.

I joined the St. Pete Air club today, I'll have to check out some of their other planes... the interior, windows and latches of 172 I took up today were.... rough. I'm sure it was simply the cheapest one of the fleet for the checkout, but I just wasn't expecting such a rough plane for the same price I was paying for a nice one up in VA. But.. I understand prices change for type and location.

Last edited:
Back