Take That, Fat Boy.

I guess I’m going to need an exercise bike.

It seems to me that the only conclusion they came to was that a million dollars worth of medical devices still can’t help someone lose weight.

It seems to me that the only conclusion they came to was that a million dollars worth of medical devices still can’t help someone lose weight.

The only way to lose weight is to expend more calories than you take in. Ain't no medical device gonna make anyone set down their fork and glass, nor get up and move around.

. ---21 years in medical device development and manufacturing . . .

Last edited:
The only way to lose weight is to expend more calories than you take in. Ain't no medical device gonna make anyone set down their fork and glass, nor get up and move around.

Yet, it seems like even that can end up backfiring. Many of the "Biggest Loser" participants have not only gained back all the weight, they've gotten even fatter because their metabolism went way down with the crash dieting/exercising. One guy had to stick to just 800 calories a day just to maintain his weight!

I guess I'll be happy where I'm at - Equilibrium where I can eat, though I'm much bigger than I'd like to be.

Yet, it seems like even that can end up backfiring. Many of the "Biggest Loser" participants have not only gained back all the weight, they've gotten even fatter because their metabolism went way down with the crash dieting/exercising. One guy had to stick to just 800 calories a day just to maintain his weight!

I guess I'll be happy where I'm at - Equilibrium where I can eat, though I'm much bigger than I'd like to be.

In crash diets, your metabolism slows down to help you survive the famine. Worked well for humanity for thousands of years. Now we are surrounded by plenty . . . But our bodies' systems haven't changed.

Biggest Loser participants and other crash dieters aren't making lifestyle changes, they are only after short term results. Losing 100 pounds then resuming your previous poor eating habits will put the weight back on quicker than it came off. I'm in the middle of a less drastic lifestyle change and am hovering at 3 gal of avgas, with a few stalls enroute. Hope to permanently shed 4 gals, so my target is 5 gal to allow for some rebound.

Back