Tailwind Waymakers

Brad W

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
BLW2
I was looking at the Fly With pat list of raffle aircraft
https://www.flywithpat.com/
and one listing caught my eye looking suspicious....
Is this tailwind waymakers outfit legit?
I google it and basically come up with this raffle and nothing else.

Hey Brad, thank you for highlighting our raffle and being cautious. I understand why you feel this way. As I replied to Ben's email, we may have got the cart before the horse a bit but this is real and legit. Tailwind Waymakers is a newly established non-profit organization with the mission to provide avaition education and training to those that dream of pursuing a career in aviation but are struggling with the high cost barrier to entry. Tailwind Waymakers will help make the way. This is just the first plane we are giving away. We are creating a member only plane of the month club. Lots of exciting things coming for aviation enthusiast. While our website is still being constructed, we have set up Facebook, Instagram and YouTube and will be pushing content soon. I cannot post the links here as I just joined the forum and it is not allowed. It is Tailwind Waymakers on social and on YouTube it is Tailwind Waymaker Dustin. While the tickets are $100 we will be giving away a ticket a week to those that Subscribe. Watch for videos coming soon. Thanks

Brad, I had a post I put up earlier today, but it was rejected because it had a link to TailWindWayMakers facebook account. Not sure if you were able to see it before it was deleted. I was also confirming I spoke with Tailwind Waymakers and confirm they are valid. I have since purchased a ticket as well.

just saw that Dan and Christy (youtube "in the hangar") did an interview. I'll assume they vetted this guy before publishing the video...and I see that the FAA does in fact have an aircraft registered to this organization...presumably the raffle aircraft.
Just had to come back here to "set the record straight" for my post of suspicion.

Seems like a legit charity....even if it is just a scholarship thing and not helping the sick or whatever..... but it sounds like they are going to encourage the recipients to "pay it forward". Good thing it seems.

https://www.tailwindwaymakers.org/

Back