Tailwheel sign-off

Shipoke

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
shipoke
Well folks i start my tailwheel training on Tuesday, At Bermudin Valley, in a Champ. 2200 Grass strip and should be alot of FUN.:yes:
Dave G

Shipoke said:
Well folks i start my tailwheel training on Tuesday, At Bermudin Valley, in a Champ. 2200 Grass strip and should be alot of FUN.:yes:
Dave G
Enjoy it -- it will be fun!

Shipoke said:
Dave G
It was the most fun I have ever had flying, almost like learning to fly again.

Good Luck Mike

Good luck, have fun, and keep us informed as to your progress!

Fly safe!

David

Shipoke said:
Dave G

Will you be flying the champ with a smiley face on the side?

Shipoke said:
Well folks i start my tailwheel training on Tuesday, At Bermudin Valley, in a Champ. 2200 Grass strip and should be alot of FUN/quote]

It WILL be fun! This is the 2200ft strip where I did most of my tailwheel training.

Attachments

• tn98.jpg
    tn98.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 28
Well I survived and so did the Champ. We did climb out and then went and did left and right turns, then did turns around a point and S turns.We also di some stalls power off, power on, cruise power.then it was time to try to land, well we did 3 point landings with slight quartering head wind, most of them were good ,but the last one i bounced alittle (forgot to hold back rudder).all in all i think i did wather well, Tom said i fly well,but sometime i forget to cordinate my turns when in the pattern. Guess i'll need him to hit me in the head or something.Other then that i had a BALL flying the Champ. Well i took pictures of the Champ but somehow deleted them from my phone .Next Lesson is Friday
Dave G:goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

Shipoke said:
Well I survived and so did the Champ. We did climb out and then went and did left and right turns, then did turns around a point and S turns.We also di some stalls power off, power on, cruise power.then it was time to try to land, well we did 3 point landings with slight quartering head wind, most of them were good ,but the last one i bounced alittle (forgot to hold back rudder).all in all i think i did wather well, Tom said i fly well,but sometime i forget to cordinate my turns when in the pattern. Guess i'll need him to hit me in the head or something.Other then that i had a BALL flying the Champ. Well i took pictures of the Champ but somehow deleted them from my phone .Next Lesson is Friday
Dave G:goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

Wait till you try hard surface... That is when the REAL fun starts.

jangell said:
Wait till you try hard surface... That is when the REAL fun starts.
I 2nd that, its a whole new ballgame. More than once when I was doing my tailwheel training I would 15-20 landings a lesson.

Good Luck Mike

Sounds very cool Dave! Landings must be a hoot. We expect photos:yes: . Just out of curosity what is the champ renting for? Can you rent it when your signed off or are you just getting the rating to make your self a better pilot in the Warrior? have fun.

Well Adam it's $90 an hour Dual.not sure if he renys in after signoff. Yes want to be a better pilot and thinking about a Christen Eagle
Dave G

Shipoke said:
Well Adam it's $90 an hour Dual.not sure if he renys in after signoff. Yes want to be a better pilot and thinking about a Christen Eagle
Dave G
That's a good rate, I paid $125.00 hrs wet with instructor in the Citbra. Its sad that shortly after my tailwheel endorsment the plane ended up crashing and my instructor and his student died.

Regards Mike

wesleyj said:
Pavement seperates the men from the boys in a Taildragger

And pavement with a good crosswind separates the men from the pilots!:D

Shipoke said:
Well folks i start my tailwheel training on Tuesday, At Bermudin Valley, in a Champ. 2200 Grass strip and should be alot of FUN.
Dave G

Good on you! Bermudian is a great strip. It may get frustrating for you at some point, but persevere and you will be very happy once you master it. You're piloting skills will be greatly improved.

... Bill

flybill7 said:
Good on you! Bermudian is a great strip. It may get frustrating for you at some point, but persevere and you will be very happy once you master it. You're piloting skills will be greatly improved.

... Bill
I agree about the strip Bill but i really dont like taking off over the trees that slow and low(lol).As far as my skills i agree there too, Thats one of the reasons i decided to get Twheel sign-off.
Dave G

Back