Tailwheel in Dallas area

ntbjounin

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jounin
Hey, I'd like to learn to fly some taildraggers. Anyone have a plane they'd want to rent me or teach me in?

Or do you have a recommendation for where I should go?

the aerobatic-training website doesnt seem to do anything more than sell planes....

tail-wheel.com seems to have acquired a new plane, thats good. I can afford that cub.
yes, that old thread is pretty old, which is why i brought it up again, with hopes of something new? lol or maybe a generous owner / cfi who might want to teach me? (of course i'm certainly happy to pay)

the aerobatic-training website doesnt seem to do anything more than sell planes....

Landings.com lists tailwheel training:

Southwest Flight Training, Inc.: Aerobatic, Tailwheel & Emergency flight training in Dallas. Also dealer for Aviat Pitts, American Champion, Micco SP20 and SP26.

But who knows how up to date that is. A phone call is cheap.

yes, that old thread is pretty old, which is why i brought it up again, with hopes of something new? lol or maybe a generous owner / cfi who might want to teach me? (of course i'm certainly happy to pay)

Can't help you with that one :)

Of course, I could argue that you should have learned in a tailwheel aircraft in the first place...;)

(Seriously, it seems to be easy to learn in one, harder to transition into one)

Allen Tilley at Addison is doing it now in his Citabria or Decathalon. In the same hangars as Spike and me. First hangar on the left with the office attached. I'll get his # for you.

You're always welcome in my C-180. Insurance company is impossible (250 total tailwheel, 10 hours make and model, no instruction) re. flying it but if you want to ride along and play with it (the airplane, stupid) the offer is open. I'm still hoping for Brenham tomorrow if the stars line up.

Hey, I'd like to learn to fly some taildraggers. Anyone have a plane they'd want to rent me or teach me in?

Or do you have a recommendation for where I should go?

I'm still hoping for Brenham tomorrow if the stars line up.

The lunch meet-up at Brenham is on Sunday, not tomorrow... hate for you to show up on the wrong day and have nobody meet you there. Of course, the restaurant is worth the trip even without us there.

Ten percent of the troops never get the word.

The lunch meet-up at Brenham is on Sunday, not tomorrow... hate for you to show up on the wrong day and have nobody meet you there. Of course, the restaurant is worth the trip even without us there.

There was a guy renting a Champ at 9F9 Sycamore a while back. I don't know if it's still avail. Give em a call. Pretty cheap too.

[SIZE=-1]817-293-0510
[/SIZE]

thx doc, but i don't want to drive 1.5 hrs MINIMUM each way thru the middel of the metroplex.... that'd be a mess. couldnt be worth it.

i'd love to join you wayne and play with it... uhhhh the airplane i mean.... i'm sure i'll see you down in brenham. ON SUNDAY!!!

I rent at MarcAir at 52F (Northwest Regional); they've got both a Super Decathlon (2005) and a Citabria (1978, rebuilt 2007) for Tailwheel training--and they'll let you take them solo after your endorsement. I can't say enough good things about the guys at MarcAir. First class operation.

http://www.marcairaviation.com/open.aspx?htm=tlw

Back