Tags

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
To POAers, and especially to the management:

Stars have been eliminated, but I notice there are now tags.

Next to my recent post there is a tag, laden with insults.

You know, I realize I am not a professional, grizzled pilot, with war stories about how I fought off godzilla in the ice and thunderstorms, OK? But I am very conscientious, and train regularly. I love flying and I strive to do my best.

There is someone who has been anonymously dogging me and a few others for -years- on this board. They don't know who I am, because those who do would disagree with this jerk's "opinion."

If this harassment is not stopped, I will leave this board, even if it gives the cowardly ******* some puerile satisfaction.

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better, those of us reading through API interfaces (like Tapatalk on mobile devices) can't see Stars, Tags, Signatures, Poll Voting boxes, or anything other than the text posted.

The add-on web-only features of the user interface get stripped away, which makes for a very clean user experience. Can always hit "open in Safari" to see the web version...

If it makes you feel any better, those of us reading through API interfaces (like Tapatalk on mobile devices) can't see Stars, Tags, Signatures, Poll Voting boxes, or anything other than the text posted.

The add-on web-only features of the user interface get stripped away, which makes for a very clean user experience. Can always hit "open in Safari" to see the web version...

It doesn't make me feel better.

Anonymous trash-talking is for children.

I must be getting old and computer illiterate...I don't see the tag button or what it does...:confused:

20120614-ncgb2e7b2muhde8wrccfedu5j5.png

The guy is online RIGHT NOW, because he just tagged another post of mine.

Ben,

I think Tags can serve a useful purpose. I think someone placing tags that refer to the author, and not the thread content, is in violation of the rules of behavior.

I would like to hear what the MC has to say. I'd expect that an Admin could link the tag back to the person who placed it, but I could be wrong.

Ben,

I think Tags can serve a useful purpose. I think someone placing tags that refer to the author, and not the thread content, is in violation of the rules of behavior.

I would like to hear what the MC has to say. I'd expect that an Admin could link the tag back to the person who placed it, but I could be wrong.

Sure, they can be useful. But a tag that says "clueless," "unsafe," or worse, "accident happens soon" is a personal attack.

It is also stupid, since whomever is creating these lovely tags has NO idea how or with whom I trained. They don't know how cautious I am, and how I like to over-prepare, and be extra hard on myself. THAT's how you stay safe.

I suspect the tagger is one of those bold, but not old pilots who fall quite neatly into the category of "macho" (he wishes).

Ben,

You're feeding the troll.

Love,
-Ted

Ben,

I'm actually not convinced the threads serve any useful purpose given how easy it is to search this site normally. It might make more sense to simply eliminate them.

fwiw - a while ago there was a thread about tags, or more correctly, the abuse of tags.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33647&highlight=tags

"As a result of some concerns raised by members, the following new Rule of Conduct was established and posted recently:
  • Like any other content members might post, tags shall be used only to state aviation topics (e.g., Northeast fly-in or Piper Cherokee or Spin Training), and NOT opinions or insults or political positions. Do not post, as a tag, anything which you would not publish in clear text or say in a civil face-to-face conversation.
The MC is removing previously-posted tags which violate this standard, but no action is being taken against the members who posted them before today. However, please take heed when posting new tags, as the posting after today of new tags which violate the new rule will be handled as a violation of the Rules of Conduct."

I don't think they serve any useful purpose either. I don't look at them unless someone points them out, and it seems that many posters don't even know they exist.

fwiw - a while ago there was a thread about tags, or more correctly, the abuse of tags.

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33647&highlight=tags

"As a result of some concerns raised by members, the following new Rule of Conduct was established and posted recently:
  • Like any other content members might post, tags shall be used only to state aviation topics (e.g., Northeast fly-in or Piper Cherokee or Spin Training), and NOT opinions or insults or political positions. Do not post, as a tag, anything which you would not publish in clear text or say in a civil face-to-face conversation.
The MC is removing previously-posted tags which violate this standard, but no action is being taken against the members who posted them before today. However, please take heed when posting new tags, as the posting after today of new tags which violate the new rule will be handled as a violation of the Rules of Conduct."

Thank you for finding that.

I expect now that the moderators will have a lot of work removing those tags, and I trust that the MULTIPLE violations will result in expulsion of the idiot.

I just krylon'ed my N-Number on the screen, can ya'll see it? :D

I never even knew those things were down there.

The issue mentioned by Ben is under active investigation by the MC. I would ask that folks refrain from posting here so as to not feed the troll involved in the bad behavior.

I'm not sure what these "tags" are. I have avatars and signatures turned off - maybe that's why I don't see them?

Folks the mods are looking into this. Meanwhile if you want to know how it works, goto the menu, look for "search," and find the drop-down menu and look for "tag search.". Try terms like "clueless," "accident happens soon," "scary," etc.

The mods can correlate those tags with a narrow group of IP addresses, and then deal with the individual.

The issue mentioned by Ben is under active investigation by the MC. I would ask that folks refrain from posting here so as to not feed the troll involved in the bad behavior.

Plenty of bad behavior off this board including threatening phone calls, welcome to the internet...

Back