Table request

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Hi admins,

More than once I've wanted to put an HTML table in a post. Can we add the basic table tags to vBulletin? Really, just the following would be plenty (and would simply need the []'s converted to <>'s when the page is served):

[noparse]
[/noparse]

Last edited:
Good idea. I've always had problem lining things up in columns even with the code tag.

Don't forget the tags. [noparse][td] [/td][/noparse]. You might have them in there mine disappeared without the noparse tag

Joe

Last edited:
Remind me tomorrow or the next day would be even better. I've been in a 4 day workshop (Sun-Wed) and tomorrow I'll be playing "read 1000 emails and figure out how to cope", by "I had 3 days out of the office".

Remind me tomorrow or the next day would be even better. I've been in a 4 day workshop (Sun-Wed) and tomorrow I'll be playing "read 1000 emails and figure out how to cope", by "I had 3 days out of the office".

Well, it's 1:15 AM, so Jesse should have it done in the next couple of hours anyway. :rofl:

Well, actually, I see he's offline now so maybe not.

Good idea. I've always had problem lining things up in columns even with the code tag.

Don't forget the tags. [noparse][td] [/td][/noparse]. You might have them in there mine disappeared without the noparse tag

Joe

Yeah, I had them in there, didn't notice they had disappeared. Odd. Fixed. Thanks.

Hi admins,

More than once I've wanted to put an HTML table in a post. Can we add the basic table tags to vBulletin? Really, just the following would be plenty (and would simply need the []'s converted to <>'s when the page is served):

[noparse]
[/noparse]
Me, too. Glad you asked.

[row][cell]Well[/cell][cell]Thank[/cell][cell]You[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Very[/cell][cell]Much[/cell][/row]
[row][cell]Joe[/cell][/row]

Well, it's 1:15 AM, so Jesse should have it done in the next couple of hours anyway. :rofl:

Well, actually, I see he's offline now so maybe not.
Sorry--vBulletin modifications like that still fall in Chuck's hands. Short of me messing with the site on April fools. :D

Pulled from "my" thread:

Not sure if this page renders right for everyone...but Kent's post above mine pretty much destroyed the page. Things get tricky when you start injecting tables into a page if the module isn't built to deal with user error.

Oops - That's what I get for going from tab-delimited in a text editor, doing a search and replace, and forgetting the [noparse][/table][/noparse] tag.

Apparently, a blank cell doesn't move to the next column, which IIRC is the same as what happens with straight HTML. But, the &nbsp; trick doesn't work either. Hmmm.

OK, a few tweaks that would be nice:

1) Remove all carriage returns between [noparse]
and
[/noparse] - It's awfully tough to edit these things without any returns in 'em, but currently all the returns between the table tags get put above the table so there's a bunch of white space.

2) Check to be sure that there is a [noparse][/TABLE] tag for every
tag.[/noparse] That should keep the nesting issues from happening again.

3) Add a button to the message creation page that creates [noparse][cell][/cell][/noparse] and drops the cursor in the middle.

Thanks!

Back