T210 310HP TSIO520

goldennixter

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Nick
Proudly newly in a partnership of the above mentioned plane, (1967 if anyone cares, yeah oldschool so what) I'm wondering if anyone on here perhaps has a fltplan.com profile they use for their T210 that I could steal, none of my partners use fltplan.com but I like to because I use that for my company and am used to it. Feel free to PM me your username/profile name and I think that's all I need, for now I'm constructing one on my own.

Thanks, happy flying!

-Nick:goofy:

Proudly newly in a partnership of the above mentioned plane, (1967 if anyone cares, yeah oldschool so what) I'm wondering if anyone on here perhaps has a fltplan.com profile they use for their T210 that I could steal, none of my partners use fltplan.com but I like to because I use that for my company and am used to it. Feel free to PM me your username/profile name and I think that's all I need, for now I'm constructing one on my own.

Thanks, happy flying!

-Nick:goofy:
Good for you! You'll have a lot of fun. Fltplan.com will build the aircraft profile for you if you e-mail them the relevant pages from the POH. At least they used to. You might want to check it out.

Congrats, nice choice too

Think he's looking for the performance profile with speeds and fuel burns

image.jpg

Sorry, got nothing for the T210 though, I do see there is a 210R / 210P on there, isn't that the same engine?

Last edited:
Yes, I understand. It used to be (perhaps it still is) fltplan.com would build a profile for you if the aircraft wasn't in their data base so long as requester furnished the data from the POH. I am assuming the OP has access to the POH.

Yeah that performance matrix is what I'm looking for. Their data isn't quite right, it's pretty default. I filled it in with very conservative numbers that'll probably do. Thanks for looking out for me, if anyone has some info feel free to let me know.

I don't use fltplan.com, but in ForeFlight for my T210N which has the TSIO-520-R, I use this profile:

climb - 110 KTAS, 24 GPH, 700 fpm
cruise - 155 KTAS, 17 GPH ROP (usually 10,000 - 12,000)
descent - 160 KTAS, 17 GPH, 500 fpm

Those are pretty conservative... I haven't updated it since the first week I was flying the airplane. I definitely don't burn that much fuel in descent, and I usually cruise faster than that.

I don't use fltplan.com, but in ForeFlight for my T210N which has the TSIO-520-R, I use this profile:

climb - 110 KTAS, 24 GPH, 700 fpm

cruise - 155 KTAS, 17 GPH ROP (usually 10,000 - 12,000)

descent - 160 KTAS, 17 GPH, 500 fpm

Those are pretty conservative... I haven't updated it since the first week I was flying the airplane. I definitely don't burn that much fuel in descent, and I usually cruise faster than that.

This surprised me. Although you do say it's conservative. You're only 20 knots faster than my 182 at 6 GPH more fuel?

I know. Physics and square roots and drag and all that rot. Just surprised me. Thought the 210 was a tad faster.

Yes, that's a good catch, and you're correct. Book is ~168-170 KTAS at those altitudes. I usually achieve around 160 KTAS, but I like to build a lot of margin into my flight planning. Some people choose to climb at a faster airspeed, but I plan slower because of instrument departure procedures from my home base.

The theory is that the discrepancy in my case for cruise is the result of a poorly accomplished elevator repair in the late 90s, which I'm planning to have re-skinned and re-rigged when I have the opportunity. I also often fly with a more forward CG; with a couple of passengers and bags to adjust it aft, I do better.

As far as the T182 vs. the T210, the other big difference of course is seating and useful load. I flew the 182/T182 a lot before I bought the 210, and they are both excellent machines. As usual, it depends on your mission. I considered both, but picked the 210 to buy because of the cabin size and payload capabilities.

The 210 is well suited to passengers less comfortable with light aircraft or with mobility challenges. I also leave mine in a 5-seat configuration by removing one of the middle seats, so it becomes easy to accommodate awkwardly shaped cargo such as a bicycle or two, and for passengers to spread out on a long trip.

Last edited:
or if you've flown 1000 hours of skydivers in a 182, sometimes it gets old, 210 is a bit more solid especially for IFR in my limited experience so far but don't get me wrong I looooove both! 'Twas hard to chose:mad2:

Congratulations on that partnership! That's a cool plane.

I achieve 162 KTAS in my TR182 at 12k. You should easily beat that in a T210 I'd think. I get 170 to 175 KTAS up at FL200 and you should kill that as well. I'm just talking book numbers, not flight planning necessarily. I usually budget 155 KTAS for planning.

Back