T-Shirts

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
Caution, blatant hucksterism follows.

I've been producing an "Oshkosh Bound" window sticker every year since 1976. I've also got the original "Wrong Brothers Founder" artwork.

Somebody opined that either or both of these might make a pretty nice t-shirt for Oshkosh. I can't GIVE them away like a rich hosteler like Jay and Mary, but I can make a few of them and peddle them on the 'net. I sure as hell can't afford to buy an Oshkosh booth to sell them.

If I made a few dozen of these, what is the collective wisdom on if I could recoup my investment or not?

Thanks, Jim

Attachments

• Founder0031.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 100
  • OshBND16 logo.pdf
    27.4 KB · Views: 89
Man, I love your "Oshkosh Bound" signs, count me in for a couple t-shirts if you produce them.

Without even looking at them, what would be wrong with selling them and even making a buck or two? I personally don't see anything wrong with that.

How in the hell do you post images to this board that aren't links, but that appear in the message. I'm not really liking this board.

Jim

Without even looking at them, what would be wrong with selling them and even making a buck or two? I personally don't see anything wrong with that.

By the time I buy them, put a postage on them, put our company overhead (50%) on them, we will break even and that is OK. It is my donation to the brethren and sistren I've enjoyed over the past 40+ years.

Jim

How in the hell do you post images to this board that aren't links, but that appear in the message. I'm not really liking this board.

Jim
Well, you have to start with an image file, not a pdf. Then you click on 'upload a file', then it will ask you, thumbnail or full image, click whichever you prefer, full image:
tmp1.jpg tmp2.jpg

Well, you have to start with an image file, not a pdf. Then you click on 'upload a file', then it will ask you, thumbnail or full image, click whichever you prefer, full image:

Thanks, I knew I was doing something wrong. What sorts of image files are allowed? Or where is that info posted?

Thanks again ...

Jim

Thanks, I knew I was doing something wrong. What sorts of image files are allowed? Or where is that info posted?

Thanks again ...

Jim
I don't know, JPG and PNG are usually pretty safe bets.

PS, just a suggestion, if you make the OSH shirts, I would leave off a year, makes them more "timeless", just my 2 cents....

OK, here are two designs I've ginned up. I can sell them for $18 postpaid or $15 postpaid in groups of 20+ (like from a chapter). Constructive comments appreciated. (Putting the year on them is like putting the year on the EAA coffee cups. They become collectors items after a while.)

Oshbound Tshirt.jpg UofO Tshirt.jpg

Jim

OK, here are two designs I've ginned up. I can sell them for $18 postpaid or $15 postpaid in groups of 20+ (like from a chapter). Constructive comments appreciated. (Putting the year on them is like putting the year on the EAA coffee cups. They become collectors items after a while.)

Jim

OK, put me down for an order of a "Oshkosh '54". Instant Street cred. :)

Have you looked into an online producer like CafePress? I think you just upload the artwork and they take care of printing and everything else. I've never tried it, but it seems to be popular for many.

OK, put me down for an order of a "Oshkosh '54". Instant Street cred. :)

Have you looked into an online producer like CafePress? I think you just upload the artwork and they take care of printing and everything else. I've never tried it, but it seems to be popular for many.
I'm not doing them myself. I'm having done what you suggest, but CafePress was a little high. What is "Oshkosh '54"??

Jim

Jim, I like the "Oshkosh Bound" design like your window stickers, but just cant get behind the year. My 2 cents.

OK, we've standardized on three designs. A plain "Oshkosh Bound", an "Oshkosh Bound" with the chapter number/city, and a "University of Oshkosh" design. Details to follow.

Oshbound Tshirt.jpg Oshbound-chapter shirt.jpg UofO Tshirt.jpg

Back