T/S Alex... Ready Jay?

Doggtyred

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
You ought to dodge the main part of the storm due to that high pressure bearing down on us from the north... they predict its going to hit near Brownsville/McAllen/SPI..... but you should get some rain, wind and higher than normal tides..

Hope it doesn't dent business too bad.

The last track prediction I saw showed that Port A would only catch the edge.

Jay, I hope you've got plans to take the fam and the plane inland. Better safe than sorry. There is nothing on that island to hide behind if things get hairy.

The last track prediction I saw showed that Port A would only catch the edge.

Jay, I hope you've got plans to take the fam and the plane inland. Better safe than sorry. There is nothing on that island to hide behind if things get hairy.

It looks like nothing more than a rain event, but the motorhome is loaded, just in case. The Pathfinder is at TP McCampbell, inland. (I wish it was on the island, but there are no hangars available.) The Ercoupe is still in Iowa.

Despite the fact that the storm is cleanly missing us to the South, our biggest weekend of the year is in jeopardy, thanks to a plethora of geographically-challenged tourists who think that any storm in "The Gulf" will wipe out everything on the island, regardless of reality.

Of course, many folks think that oil spilled off the coast of Louisiana must surely be blackening the beaches in Texas, so what can I say? :wink2:

We'll see how it goes...

Back