T-hangars coming available on grass strip in North GA

Scott MacKie

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
sbmackie
Hangar space is at a premium if you haven't noticed. An airfield just north of Calhoun, GAis re-opening with 12 open front T hangers and two large bay plane ports large enough for three Cub sized AC by my calibrated eye. All hangars and ports have power. There is a large hangar on the field for maintenance, with room for a pilot hangout. It has been neglected for a few years (death of owner, widow, etc) and has been dropped from the FAA registry; hence it doesn't show on the sectionals. The property was just sold at auction, and the new owners are keen on keeping the runway open. They've leased the property to an Aussie bloke named Louis Moore who is a pilot, A and P, goat farmer, baker, and all-around interesting man. He has worked on my airplane and has taken on the task of getting the facilities in order. A few of the T-hangers should be ready soon. Fuel is available in Calhoun 10 miles south, or Dalton 12 miles NE. I took the 125 HP Pacer in and out with no issues on the 2900 foot grass strip. Louis's contact info is 838-839-8596 and his email is Louis@aerosmart.biz.
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.6095278,-84.980016,805m/data=!3m1!1e3

They've leased the property to an Aussie bloke named Louis Moore who is a pilot, A and P, goat farmer, baker, and all-around interesting man.
Small world, he stopped into FGU a few weeks back in a Bonanza that I assume was his. I met him, chatted for a few minutes and out the door he went.

This is good information, hopefully some here will find it useful.

Is this the old Norville field, owned (or used to be owned) by Zach Norville, who has a famous and pretty daughter?

Back