T-6, WACO or Mustang flight for Christmas?

Challenged

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Challenged
There are some interesting items up for auction here, including a ride in a P-51.

If you buy the T-6 ride, I might end up being your pilot.

One thing I'll tell you - most Mustangs are Limited class and you can't do aerobatics in them when giving rides. (no upside down). We do not have that limitation in the T-6.

I’ve always preferred rides in trainers; you still get to be a pilot. There is a full panel and set of controls in the back. In a fighter, you’re just stuffed in the trunk.

...and I may be biased, but fighters are meant to be single seat, or at least single pilot...

Hmmm, T-6 with some stick time or P-51 as a passenger... that'd be a tough call.

Though if the P-51 couldn't do acro it'd be easier...

I've got about 45 minutes dual in a T-6 and I'd do that again in a minute.

Why can’t you go upside down in the mustang?

I got to on both my rides. 1st time in one with single controls at a car show. I asked if we could do strafing runs and combat maneuvers. No way. I was told before we got in the plane. Once we got in the air, we banked over and dove into a canyon. Then we went over the water, did a bunch of rolls and a couple split S’s. Best waste of money I ever had till I got the ride in the TF-51. Only problem with that ride it was before I got my pilot license so I was afraid to try anything. The pilot tried to get me to do my own rolls but I was afraid I would freeze up when we were inverted.

I’m definitely going to do the TF-51 again if I get the chance.

If they can’t demonstrate what the P-51 can do, go up in the T6.

Just don’t eat before you get in the plane. They don’t like to clean up after you...

Back