T-6 down at Fitchburg

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
In memory of Reese Dill: T-6 down at Fitchburg

Folks,
Please join me in saluting fellow pilot Reese Dill, who died flying his T-6 this weekend.

Reese was a member of the consulting team working on a specialized storage facility for my company. He was an amazing guy, and it was a privilege to know him.

I'd especially like to ask you to remember Reese as he lived, not as he died, and I encourage you to click on this YouTube link to enjoy Reese flying in the Westfield show in 2005: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGeojn3CPDw.

In memory of Reese Dill, gone west. Not alone into the sunset but in the company of friends who have gone before.

Thanks,
E Hitchcock

wow, from the news report and photo, I hope it was quick for the pilot and not a drowning. As a passenger, I suspect you would be in the back of the T-6? I've only flown in the T-34, and as a passenger I was in the back. Seems like the pilot was pretty trapped. :sad:

Prayers to the family and fellow pilots that knew him.

wow, from the news report and photo, I hope it was quick for the pilot and not a drowning. As a passenger, I suspect you would be in the back of the T-6? I've only flown in the T-34, and as a passenger I was in the back. Seems like the pilot was pretty trapped. :sad:

Prayers to the family and fellow pilots that knew him.
Yes, I was in the back as a passenger in a T-6.
And I hope you're right about the cause of death.
Elizabeth, my condolences on the loss of your friend.

When I flew in a t-6 ( actually a SNJ ) I was in front and the demo pilot in the back. The airframe I flew in at Warbird adventures in Kissimme suffer a in flight wing failure 6 months after I flew in it and both the pilot and passenger were killed. Not a good thing at all.

Back