T-28 Trojan Horsemen Crash @ KMRB Airshow

Wow, it's been a horrible year for aviation.

My thoughts go out to all affected.

I just went to google news to find out more about the Reno crash, and this was the first article on the page. Jeez.

The media is now largely using these two accidents to make arguments to shut down air races and air shows. :mad:

It HAS been a bad year for accidents in public view, but there seems to be no common thread, either.

Ryan

The media is now largely using these two accidents to make arguments to shut down air races and air shows. :mad:

My response to them: Don't go. No one is forcing anyone to attend the air races or the air shows, and each ticket has a safety waiver printed on it.

Thousands of children are injured in soccer accidents, every single year! Soccer should be banned.

Accidental deaths in swimming pools are epidemic. Destroy all pools.

The carnage from auto accidents is staggering. Mandate walking and public transport without a clear and convincing showing of extraordinary need.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. A Blue-Ribbon Commission should be empaneled, with the task of deciding what life activities are worth the risk, and empowered to preclude, by force of law, all other actions.

Very Smart People will make the call. We sheeple will follow in lockstep.

Funny, I haven't seen that applied to NASCAR.

NASCAR kills 0.7 drivers per year and entertains millions every weekend of the season.

Display aviation is up to what, 12 this year ? (+ the folks at Reno :()

Cars kill 35,000 a year. Ban it.
Alcohol kills 75,000 a year. Ban it.
Tobacco kills 400,000+ a year. Ban it.

Life causes death. Ban life. ;)

It comes down to quality of life. I guess many people today are content to live a virtual life. Watching TV, playing wii or X-Box, and other internet/streaming entertainment. Personally, I don't get it. It feels like living in the Matrix to me.

Without personally managed risk, there is no rewards in life. Did the spectators have an ability to manage this risk? Sure. Don't attend. You want the thrill of a 2000+ HP monster flying closeby overhead at 500 mph? I sure do.

Back