SXSW flow restrictions? KAUS

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Anyone know if there would be a flow restriction at kaus this Sunday around noon?
I can’t even find where the AFPs are posted.

KAUS does regular flow restrictions.

Get use to it as more airports will start incorporating the same thing. Due to lack of staffing in ATC, this is their answer.

Those funds for controllers are being diverted elsewhere.

We go to aus almost weekly, avoiding F1 and SWSX - never been hindered by a flow restriction in 2 years.
FSS guy found nothing. Says they are released the day before.
I found this sites, but no indication yet.
If anyone knows it is going to happen it would help us.
Thanks

I've had flow restrictions on clearance a couple of times lately going into KAUS. Last one was over a week ago.

Found this too:
(for others who may be searching, later) 4-letter link at bottom

Does anyone know, if you file into an airport with a slot required, but you fail to notice - when will you find out you needed a reservation?
Will you be provided notice of failure during the filing process? (unpleasant but not intolerable)
Or will you find out once you try to get your clearance? (that would prove very, very difficult on Sunday)
Seems like years ago I did this to OSH - but got the reservation, so did not find out how that would work.

If KAUS has a flow restriction, why not KEDC?

If KAUS has a flow restriction, why not KEDC?

Or GTU, though it can be a hike depending where you want to end up. HYT isn’t bad usually, but they seem to fill up for COTA events since it’s pretty easy to get to the track from their.

Those funds for controllers are being diverted elsewhere.
I thought someone posted here that it wasn't a funding problem, but a candidate one. Not enough people interested in the job given the restrictions. Not true?

I checked last nite, and this morning - nothing on the stmp site.
Traffic was a step above the usual level, (vectors, slow down, 5mi downwind, 2 rwy changes) and the fbo ran out of fuel…. otherwise no issue.
Coke machine was fixed, full plate of cookies - yay

KAUS is the only airport I've heard of running out of fuel. It's not like SXSW is a surprise at this point.

OBE I guess but I flew into EDC on Fri and out on Sunday afternoon and had I not known SXSW was happening I wouldn't have been able to tell by the traffic there. Looked pretty normal (active, but not "busy") to me.

Back