Switch to turn on engine heater

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Well, my Switchbox won’t work anymore because 3G is shut down and the box doesn’t work with5G.Anyone got an alternative?

Unfortunately, hangar behind me has Switcheon and it doesn’t work with the hangar door closed. He’s tried all sorts of fixes with no luck. Even drilled a hole in the door and put the antenna on the outside.

Interesting. Mine works very well in a closed hangar.

I had the switchbox until it died then gave the Switcheon a shot. Good price, excellent service, and quick to ship. I hooked up my switchbox antenna to the Switcheon and left it mag mounted outside the hangar door, works perfect.

Interesting. Mine works very well in a closed hangar.
Mine too, but my airport is kind of right on the edge of town so the cell signal is strong. I believe they sell a remote antenna that they claim will work with a really weak signal.

I gave this thing away when I moved, but what I did is hook up a Intermatic seven day timer with a line voltage thermostats. On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 3AM if it was below 45, the preheat came on.

And it looks like for $15 you can add a card to make it a wifi hotspot, I wonder how much data costs?

Does it have a SIM card?

yes it has a sim card. I just use a speed talk wireless sim, its 5 bucks a month for something like 100 texts a month. I just send it a text to turn it on or off.

My switcheon didn't work at first. I reached out to the company. They worked with me to find a solution and we're great to work with. Mine was running fine all last year - and I will probably get it all connected back this weekend.

Dean

yes it has a sim card. I just use a speed talk wireless sim, its 5 bucks a month for something like 100 texts a month. I just send it a text to turn it on or off.

I checked further. It seems the Wifi adapter is only to connect to the switch via wifi for programming.

My switcheon didn't work at first. I reached out to the company. They worked with me to find a solution and we're great to work with. Mine was running fine all last year - and I will probably get it all connected back this weekend.

Dean
So - you gonna fly Young Eagles next weekend?

Blanche - I am planning on it!

If we have time - I can show you the Switcheon box/app etc.

Dean

Switcheon’s customer service is great. Been using mine for about a year. I messed mine up, emailed them, and they responded back same day. They told me to ship it to them. I was wondering if they had received it, but got busy and was going to check on it a little over a week later. I didn’t have to…it was repaired, shipped back, and sitting in my doorstep that afternoon. Great communication and customer service! The unit, app, and concept works great too. I love my Switcheon!!

Back