Switch Century IIB between heading sources?

@NealRomeoGolf

So your Nav2 an Analog radio and you are able to get both the Digital (GPS) and Analog (NAV2) working with the Autopilot? And the toggle switches which source (NAV1=GPS, or NAV2 - KX155) control the Autopilot?

Any idea what the connections are behind the panel - my guy says not able to do Digital and Analog once we replace the orig DG, the Autopilot wont support the older Analog radios with the G5 providing the Heading input from GAD29, maybe more of a legal vs technical challenge for my installer, not sure. Thanks
Unfortunately for you I don't own that plane anymore. I can't peek behind the panel and tell you anything. All I can tell you is the switch would divert the signal the autopilot was getting. Up was Nav1 (a GNC355) and down was Nav2 (a KX155 with glideslope).

@AA5Bman - what shop did the avionics work for you? I'm pursing a similar setup (GNX355, GI275 sending GPSS to my Autocontrol IIIB); all my shops here in NorCal have all basically advised this would be the first installation like this that they've done, and they have lots of questions about the feasibility of this configuration. So I'd like to talk to a shop that's successfully done this. It seems like a slam dunk but apparently Garmin has been not very helpful in providing guidance.

Back