SWIPE Your Credit Card........

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
...... and think about its beneficiary.

Photo #1 I did in Thomaston, ME on Oct. 04. George ?????? is the owner/captain of the lovely toy. George invented(perfected? designed? patented?) the technology of the "swipe" system.

Photo #2 is same boat. This craft is the 2nd yacht which Cabot Lyman(Lyman-Morse Yachts) built for Betty Noyce. Mrs. Noyce's husband(when they were married) -- Robert -- was the co-discoverer of the computer chip and was the co-founder of Intel. When Betty died her will was the largest ever probated in the State of Maine. She died before she got to see this yacht completed. "George" bought it; was in Thomaston to check on his other yacht being built by Lyman-Morse. It'll be a duplicate of the one in the photo...................and he'll be keeping both toys.

Photo #3: "George" can go to Cushing his way; I'm consigned to get back to the old farm in the conventional manner.

HR

Attachments

• 008_8.JPG
    008_8.JPG
    432.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 009_9.JPG
    009_9.JPG
    399 KB · Views: 33
  • 010_10.JPG
    010_10.JPG
    530.4 KB · Views: 42
Thanks, Troy. Cabot and Heidi Lyman live just a couple miles below the farm where I was raised. I met George, introduced by a couple of my old school mates who work for Cabot, and could have had a tour of the ship. However, I was running late for another appointment, and a tour could have chewed up more time than I had. Cabot also built the sailboat which Christopher Reeve owned. I think its name was Mirimar, though the spelling may be incorrect.

HR

Back