SVT and 3rd Class Medical

J

JSharp

I am looking to get my private pilot license and I have been diagnosed with SVT. I have had 2 episodes in the past 35 years. These were 21 years apart.

1 month before my most recent SVT episode in Oct 2018, I had a nuclear stress treadmill test and echo in Aug 2018 (at my request due to acid reflux pain and wanting to be sure it wasn't heart related). All tests were normal.

I am prescribed Metoprolol 50mg/day which I take daily and "pill in the pocket" Fecaniade (which I would take in the event of another episode but have never taken).

Would I have to go through the CHD protocol again since I am basically asymptomatic?

Thanks

Pinging Doctor Lou and Doctor Bruce for their input. @lbfjrmd @bbchien

My guess is yes. Since you’re compelled to mark your application yes for a cardiac condition, the FAA will want recent documentation (within last 90-days) showing your status and what your cardiologist has to say.

But that is a guess. Consult with an AME known for helping cardiac cases to obtain education on the process and guidance on what to obtain before “going official” with MedXpress.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back