Suspicious mole got removed - no medical records available but doc remembers medical issue

U

unregistered

Hello,

in the past i had a mole removed that was suspicious. According to the pathological report the mole wasn´t removed completely but was benign. Furthermore i can´t see remains of a mole were the mole was removed. I wondered if it is necessary to remove the mole completely even if it was benign. So i asked the doctor and the doctor said that there is no more surgery necessary.

I can´t find the medical records but the doctor remembers that the suspicious mole that was removed wasn´t removed completely and was benign. Can i get a medical with a mole that was suspicious and which wasn´t removed completely but is benign in my body or do i have to have new surgery where the mole gets removed completely?

If i can get a medical with a mole that was suspicous and which wasn´t removed completely but is benign in my body and the medical records are lost. Does the FAA also accept a statement concerning medical facts from the doctor too or does the FAA in any case want the medical records and even a new surgery that proves that there is no malignant tissue doesn´t help? Does anybody here have experience?

Likely not a problem, but you'll need the appropriate documentation from the doctor to demonstrate all is good and you're not in jeopardy for bad stuff.

Check in with AOPA Pilot Services (specifically Gary Crump's medical certification staff) or Dr. Bruce Chien. Hopefully there is a simple checklist for the doctor to complete. Primary goal is to have the documentation formatted so one of the lower level minions can okay it. If insufficient or wrong format, it has to go up the chain to one of of the small number of overworked doctors. Which means a significant delay in approval.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back