Suspected spammer

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
The latest user, Uksvets, has been registering all over the Internet. He registered yesterday with two of my groups that I admin and I when I Googled him he is on a bunch more. He has done nothing her or on my groups but I thought you should know.

Those are the classic signs of a spammer. Does he list a home page that's "404"? Or is his home page related to the usual crap they sell?

That's why my site requires an admin to activate new users. If I have time, I'll just delete them. Doesn't POA require activation, too?

The other vBull board at which I administrate gets them, and we got so tired of people pointing them out (they can't post until they are approved anyway at our board) I finally commented out the line of code in pHp that shows the latest registered user! LOL!! That way the other Admin and I could just delete them in peace.

While the occasional spammer does get through, we have a number of extra gates installed that make it more and more difficult for them to do so.

For example, any person registering with an email address from .ru (Russia) is immediately placed in quarantine until they verify themselves to us.

When the rare spammer does get through, you guys let us know - FAST.

So while we appreciate the intent of the post, I'm in agreement with terzap - we really don't need to have suspected spammers pointed out to us. Odds are they are already blocked from posting.

Thanks for the thought tho! :)

That is fine. I thought by the time they showed up as a new member they had gone through all the checks and security. If that is not the case no problamo

Back