"Survive The Spin"

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
When I purchased a Rich Stowell book for a friend of mine at OSH at the IAC building they tossed in the video tape "Survive the Spin" for free. I already have that one and really learned a lot watching it as I was initially learning about spins. I was surprised they were giving it to people for free with a purchase.

When I purchased a Rich Stowell book for a friend of mine at OSH at the IAC building they tossed in the video tape "Survive the Spin" for free. I already have that one and really learned a lot watching it as I was initially learning about spins. I was surprised they were giving it to people for free with a purchase.
Interested in passing it around to other members? That's an area I've wanted to dig further into since I started teaching.

That's an area I'd like to be able to take training in! I've talked elsewhere about the difficulty finding appropriate training facilities where W&B isn't an issue.

Hey, I've got a ride in a T-6 coming up. IT should be able to do it!:yes:

Well, I'm putting it in the Care Package I'm sending to Brian. Maybe he would be interested in passing it around. :)
Goodgriefgollygeewhiz!

Hey, I could use a care package? :D

Hey, I could use a care package? :D
Well, he went to great lengths to deserve his. ;)

And maybe he will share the tape after he watches it. :yes:

I just thought it was ironic that they were passing out the John Morrissey video for free along with the Rich Stowell book.

I'm getting the spin endorsement tomorrow...My first time and I'm psyched:goofy::goofy::goofy:

I will let you know how it goes Diana....

I'm getting the spin endorsement tomorrow...My first time and I'm psyched:goofy::goofy::goofy:

I will let you know how it goes Diana....

Hey Brent, that's great! Let us know how it goes. What will you be flying in?

We're still looking forward to your flight into the farm.

Spins themselves are not a big deal, as long as they are done with an instructor who knows about recovery (From upright and inverted). You can read all you want, and try Beggs-Mueller, but it will never substitute for an experienced instructor. This is simply not something that anyone can safely learn on their own.

Is he coming down for your B'Day celebration? (I'm thinking about it!)

How cool! I hope you consider it. We can do a W&B and maybe do some flying in the Citabria. Greg B and I did some spins in it with him in front.
Oh, now THAT might sell me on it right there! :yes:
Time to start that starvation diet!:hairraise::no:

It was a BLAST!!!:goofy:

We did them in a C150 (which is quite the small airplane, it was kind of cool though, being so light compared to the 172.)

Hopefully the darn GS will get fixed Tuesday, and then a ride by the end of this week. If that can happen, I'd say my chances are good for getting to the farm. School starts on the 25th for me, so I'd have to be home 24th eve, we'll see.... Grant, would you be interested in splitting time?

It was a BLAST!!!:goofy:

We did them in a C150 (which is quite the small airplane, it was kind of cool though, being so light compared to the 172.)

Hopefully the darn GS will get fixed Tuesday, and then a ride by the end of this week. If that can happen, I'd say my chances are good for getting to the farm. School starts on the 25th for me, so I'd have to be home 24th eve, we'll see.... Grant, would you be interested in splitting time?
See your PM.

Back