Surefly Ignition Harness question

imwithtuxedo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
J
Overhauling an O-540-A1A5 for my Comanche and installing a Surefly in the left position and Bendix in the right. Have seen multiple recommendations to run the Surefly on the bottom plugs and the Bendix on the top plugs. Before I order my new custom harness, can someone shed some light on why this is a good idea or not.

Overhauling an O-540-A1A5 for my Comanche and installing a Surefly in the left position and Bendix in the right. Have seen multiple recommendations to run the Surefly on the bottom plugs and the Bendix on the top plugs. Before I order my new custom harness, can someone shed some light on why this is a good idea or not.
. Bottom plug tend to foul more than the top plugs. Sure fly has a hotter more energetic spark which helps to deal with that issue

I know when we went Surefly in the Dakota, Surefly recommended a new harness from Aircraft Ignition Services, LLC in Texas. 3 years ago that was about $550

I know when we went Surefly in the Dakota, Surefly recommended a new harness from Aircraft Ignition Services, LLC in Texas. 3 years ago that was about $550
Turbo Dakota?

Back