Support for Flying Club POA Topic

davidm767

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Davidm767
Just curious. I would love to see PoA support a seperate Topic (not down on the lingo) to spark people's conversation on flying clubs. How to start one, how to administer one, how to emulate the good ones while preventing the mistakes of the bad ones. I'm a Club member of a dying Air Force club (dont get me started on the negatives of government run aero clubs). Im currently attempting to re-vitalize the club system by turning government run clubs into private organizations on and off base. I could definately use an area to pick peoples brains and to share my stories.

I'm not a fan of AOPA's red board, and I think we can have some frank and open discussion on this board.

Anyone in favor of supporting this?

BTW...I really do think flying clubs can offer an avenue for people to get into aviation and stay in aviation. Although I won't get into the politics of AOPA's initiative, I can at least say this is a good start to something that doesnt include purchasing a brand new phenom 100, Cirrus SR22T, or PC-12 which seems to be where they think their target audience is.

Its a great topic and I think Ventucky Red asked a simlar question so why not consider your post the start of the topic.

Adam, how about a sub-topic under "Flight Following" for flight clubs?

Allow for discussion of club formation, activities, announcements, "I'm here, is there a club near by?", and local club has spots available posts.

I've been curious as to why it seems that there are substantially more flying clubs in the north east and midwest. Yet I can't seem to find any locally and, comparatively, very few regionally in the south east.

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places or asking the right questions, but its something I have been very interested in since getting my PPC. I think it sounds like a great alternative to owning, especially for those not quite ready for ownership.

almost all of my flying is the result of club membership. i'm a fan

Adam, how about a sub-topic under "Flight Following" for flight clubs?

Allow for discussion of club formation, activities, announcements, "I'm here, is there a club near by?", and local club has spots available posts.

I'll raise the issue, not sure a forum or subforum is that answer but it deserves a look for sure.

Back