SuperBowlAirspace.com Gives Pilots, Aviation Buffs, Unique Access to Phoenix Skies

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
I figured many of you would be interested in this. If you have any questions about the ATC stream provided by LiveATC.net, please feel free to ask away!

SuperBowlAirspace.com Gives Pilots, Aviation Buffs, Unique Access to Phoenix Skies

The Arizona skies will be full of private jets and commercial flights this weekend as spectators jet into Phoenix for Super Bowl XLII and the Phoenix-FBR Open Golf Tournament. SuperBowlAirspace.com gives travelers and the curious public an inside look at air traffic over Phoenix.

Atlanta, GA ( PRWEB ) February 1, 2008 -- A new spectator attraction, SuperBowlAirspace.com -- real-time monitoring of the crowded air lanes leading to and from the Phoenix area's nine airports -- has been added to the coverage of Super Bowl XLII and the Phoenix-FBR Open Golf Tournament.

From now through Feb. 6, visitors to SuperBowlAirspace.com will enjoy an unprecedented FAA air-traffic controller's audio/video view of the constantly changing radar images and pilot-to-controller radio communications regulating traffic between en route air traffic control centers, terminal approach controls, and airport control towers in and around Phoenix.

Sponsored by ATCMonitor.com, LiveATC.net, and SquawkVFR.com, SuperBowlAirspace.com will update its streaming video and audio feeds in virtual-real time. Visitors to the free, no-registration-required site will also have access to a tool for comparing current air traffic conditions of Phoenix airspace with historical data.

According to ATCMonitor CEO Joel Lesser, "having two world-class sporting events in one time period would generate substantial additional air traffic anywhere, especially when one of the events is as major as the Super Bowl. The additional demands on the Phoenix air traffic system are expected to be so heavy that the FAA has already officially warned pilots that radar services for Visual Flight Rules aircraft in the area may be greatly reduced and certain flight activities at satellite airports curtailed."

"Everything considered, the air show above Phoenix -- particularly the precision passing of an aircraft from one control level to the next -- should be at least as much fun to watch as the Super Bowl itself."

###

Re: SuperBowlAirspace.com Gives Pilots, Aviation Buffs, Unique Access to Phoenix Skie

Cool site. I've been listening for a while, and I don't see ANY of the aircraft that are being addressed on the audio as visible blips on the radar screen though... what's up with that? Are we listening to a different sector than is being displayed?

Re: SuperBowlAirspace.com Gives Pilots, Aviation Buffs, Unique Access to Phoenix Skie

Cool site. I've been listening for a while, and I don't see ANY of the aircraft that are being addressed on the audio as visible blips on the radar screen though... what's up with that? Are we listening to a different sector than is being displayed?

Nope, but keep in mind that the radar feed is delayed 5 minutes by the FAA. That aside, all IFR aircraft should appear in the display; however, VFR aircraft may not.

Back