Superbowl and Atlanta area aviation

Been there, done that, worked a Super Bowl.
The jets will be everywhere. I suspect that PDK is going to be ground zero.
Trust me, the dollar value of the aluminum that will be there will blow your mind. This is one of those events that celebrities and billionaires just do not miss.

You could not pay me to be there. I just don’t understand why people get so into this game.

You could not pay me to be there. I just don’t understand why people get so into this game.

Me neither but each to their own. I used to watch fb (handegg) quite a bit. Now, hardly ever.

I was up at Canton this past week picking up the 425 from maintenance, they are taking reservations and will be a TON cheaper if anyone is thinking of flying in this week. KCNI, cheap fuel and great folks, they have at least one Global Express coming in! :eek::eek::)

After all the hoopla, it seems pretty quiet so far. I live under one of the instrument approaches for PDK and can tell when it's busy, haven't heard a single plane. Might be wind direction, I'm NW of PDK, but even 121.0, which is approach from the NW, is pretty quiet. As I'm typing this, just heard first Jet. My wife is working part time at RYY tomorrow, will be interesting to see what it's like. They moved all the planes on tie downs to the grass.

Yay. Go Refs.

I really can't get into caring about either team winning. So I'm pulling for the convicts.

Thunderbirds are at Dobbins & will practice a downtown flyover at 5:30 PM Saturday

Cool. I’ll make sure I’m down there for that. Sunday, I’ll be in the building cheering on my Pats, so I won’t have the beat view. :)

Back