Super Moon Tomorrow

steingar

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
steingar
The Moon will be at its perigee and full, making it 16% brighter than you are used to seeing it. As it rises over familiar buildings it will appear even larger due to an optical illusion, making a wonderful opportunity for shutter hounds. Happy Cinco de Mayo from Odin!

Already looking good...
71480122.jpg

71480119.jpg

If no clouds, good night for a night XC. ;)

(Darn, airplane's in the shop.) :)

Looks kind of like a bowling ball. Great photos.
Thanks- they are a little over exposed and noisy. the camera set the ISO to 800- which isn't needed for a full moon. I'll manually set it if the cloulds hold off tonight.

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures. I hope you can take some more tonight!

And we're stuck with overcast and moderate winds. Rats. Last night would have been the time to get night current.....

Rats.

Grump.

Wow. I would hate to be working at a hospital or be a police officer tonight. No sir.

Darn.... Pretty clear night here too,,, went to the airport and tried to pull the plane out of the hangar... Winds are 18- G34... my plane lifts off at 33 with me in it and 3/4 fuel.... :sad::sad:.. And it is 34 f...wind chill is 13 f

I am back home and headed into the hot tub for a nice view of the full moon..... I REALLY wanted to get a flight in tonight too.:(

Last edited:
Darn.... Pretty clear night here too,,, went to the airport and tried to pull the plane out of the hangar... Winds are 18- G34... my plane lifts off at 33 with me in it and 3/4 fuel.... :sad::sad:.. And it is 34 f...wind chill is 13 f

omg, Ben are you in Alaska?? Winter is over! (85-90 here recently). 13F?!?! no way!

I caught a little bit of a view of it in our break in the overcast.

Yep. Looks like the moon. ;)

It is BRIGHT here too...... Wind has laid down...... Too bad there is a curfew for airport operations or I would be back at my hangar to get three full stops in tonight..:(:(

Back