Super Bowl

Well I was (un?) fortunate enough to catch the second half at Corsair's down on Jost Van Dyke. (I'm sure y'all up here weren't watching the game outdoors wearing shorts and a t-shirt! :D)

Anyway, were it not for the Bears D stopping the Colts a few times in the red zone, it would have been a blowout. I guess my prediction didn't hold up. But that's not really anything new. :dunno:

Thought the ads were pretty lame, too. First LOL moment for me was the Bud "fist bump is out - what's in? - SLAP! in the face" ad. Kudos to the sound editor for nailing that sound effect. The beard comb-over was going pretty well until the guy stood up in cutoffs. Ewwww. Sprint's "Connectile Disfunction" was a good spoof of medical condition ads. Snickers could keep their ad, and I'll miss they monkeys in business suits at Career Builder.

I watched the game and recorded the ads in High Def on my MacBook with my EyeTV 500 box. Pretty slick.

Then spent the rest of the night helping a copywriter friend upload her ad review and videos to YouTube. Crazy.

-Rich

Well, the PC crowd has already gotten the Snickers commercial scrapped... and is now working on the GM robot commercial.

Well, the PC crowd has already gotten the Snickers commercial scrapped... and is now working on the GM robot commercial.

Glad the Mac crowd is so much more 'liberal' in their humor views ;):D

It was the guy on the left wasn't it??

macPC.JPG

Actually I am not a Bears Fan nor a Packer fan. It is just that I got sick and tired of the abuse when I worked in Milwaukee that I feel I have to give something back to the cheesers. ;) Really I would be paying for something, the clerk would see my Illinois DL and say something like "oh, from Illinois are ya, you a Bears fan?" Then go an about the PackAARRGGGG!!!

OK Scott, you should appreciate this one then. :)

Attachments

• Tim the Die-Hard Packer Fan.mp3
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
Speaking of which, have you seen this pic? The resemblance is just spooky.

-Rich

You think that was a coincidence? NOTHING on a TV commercial goes unplanned. They go over every microsecond of the ad.

For the record John Hogman ("I'm a PC") is the funny one. I've heard him on a few podcasts and he's good on his feet. And yeah, he's on The "Daily Show."

BTW, Justin Long ("I'm a Mac") is the nerdy kid from "Galaxy Quest."

Last edited:
You think that was a coincidence? NOTHING on a TV commercial goes unplanned. They go over every microsecond of the ad.
Yea, I know. It was just the first time I had seen them together like that for it to really hit home.

BTW, Justin Long ("I'm a Mac") is the nerdy kid from "Galaxy Quest."
And don't forget Warren Cheswick, from "Ed."

-Rich

Back