Sunday Paper drop and the Minam

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
The Sunday Paper and a Flt to the Minam.
I had a flight to the Minam Lodge scheduled for today Sunday the 18th of July. It was a ride I had donated to help a young man that had a pick up truck fall off of jacks and hurt him real bad. Our community had a fund raiser for him and I donated a couple of airplane rides. I was paying off one of those this morning. On our way from S49 to the Minam lodge I flew by where the local Lions Club was having a camp out. This was in the vicinity of the Unity Reservoir. We flew over and I slowed down and opened the window and dropped them the Sunday paper. We then flew into the Minam Lodge for breakfast. It was so beautiful in there this morning. I love the landing as you have to lose altitude from 7500 ft down to 4600 ft on downwind. Then make a tight turn down in the bottom of the canyon and come back up river, through the trees over the River and fence and down on the end of the 2000 ft runway. It is a rush. It was So Still and quite, and the River so clear, I didn't want to leave. What a great early morning flight.
______

Haha... Best newspaper delivery ever! :yes: :D

Man, I wish I lived out there... Too much fun to be had!

Back