Sunday before Oshkosh

flykelley

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
flykelley
Ok Gang
I got the flight plan all done, I have been reading the Notam like crazy and feel ready for the flight. Now the big question I will flying into Oshkosh on Sunday the 23rd. I know the show doesn't open till Monday so do the fine powers to be still charge you for sunday the 23rd or do you start paying on the 24th? :dunno:

Thanks Mike

flykelley said:
Ok Gang
I got the flight plan all done, I have been reading the Notam like crazy and feel ready for the flight. Now the big question I will flying into Oshkosh on Sunday the 23rd. I know the show doesn't open till Monday so do the fine powers to be still charge you for sunday the 23rd or do you start paying on the 24th? :dunno:
The way I remember last year, even though there was officially no show on Sunday they still wanted to see the wrist band for the week. If you have your Monday wrist band you'll be OK.

mikea said:
The way I remember last year, even though there was officially no show on Sunday they still wanted to see the wrist band for the week. If you have your Monday wrist band you'll be OK.
That sounds good.

Regards Mike

I'll be there on Sat. at the Cessna camp. See Ya there (hopefully).I'm easy to spot. Just look for the biggest old guy that looks lost.

JRitt said:
I'll be there on Sat. at the Cessna camp. See Ya there (hopefully).I'm easy to spot. Just look for the biggest old guy that looks lost.
Oh that is funny, I will be flying in a C 172 N84392 and old ugly plane. Can't wait for the fun.

Regards Mike

flykelley said:
Oh that is funny, I will be flying in a C 172 N84392 and old ugly plane. Can't wait for the fun.

Regards Mike

I may not be comming at all. Long story, but If I fly I don't have a co-pilot which I'm not comfortable with flying the first time into Osh w/o or I have to find another way there. Anyone want to jump in the plane along the way or pick me up from a commercial flight at O'hare or MKE????

Missa

flykelley said:
Ok Gang

Thanks Mike

You start paying on the 24th.

Missa said:
I may not be comming at all. Long story, but If I fly I don't have a co-pilot which I'm not comfortable with flying the first time into Osh w/o or I have to find another way there. Anyone want to jump in the plane along the way or pick me up from a commercial flight at O'hare or MKE????

Missa
If you want to show up early (Thurs in Juneau for formation training you can take the class also). Arrive in OSH on Sat noon (camp at the cessna base camp)and leave Wed night (or you can get another ride out) I can pick you up at MKE.

Last edited:
If you aren't comfortable with flying into OSH, you could fly into FLD. They have camping on the field. I think there is a bus that runs on a somewhat regular schedule up to OSH if you still wanted to stay on the OSH airport.

I'll be driving up on Friday 21 July, and going right past ORD and MKE and have plenty of room.

Missa said:

Missa,

I would LOVE to have another pilot with me to help watch for traffic as it'll be my first time too. I'm planning on flying in from CAD on Sunday and then back to MSN Thursday, trading the plane for the car, so I can get you back out too if you need it. I'd be happy to meet you wherever along Lake Michigan or MSN. Will PM my cell number too you, call me soon!

Kent

Back