Sunday at the Theater... Enjoy!!!

More aeroplanes! Make America great again. :D :cool:

Really enjoyed that clip, thanks for sharing!

there was a combustion engineer. was that @Ted DuPuis ????

:D

Nah, I'm just a mechanical engineer (really a former Jaguar mechanic with an expensive piece of paper) who got lost and now works mostly with software.

btw, $500.00 for a PPL....:yikes: Boy have things changed...

Note the differences in the guy who learned to fly then, and today.
Today's business aviation still has the doctors, the lawyers, the engineers, and the salesmen, but they call Netjets or something similar to get them there, they don't go out and learn to fly themselves.

Today's business aviation still has the doctors, the lawyers, the engineers, and the salesmen, but they call Netjets or something similar to get them there, they don't go out and learn to fly themselves.

I never flew any of those sorts when I was flying 135. I mostly flew oil guys and a few business owners who served the oil industry. All the doctors, lawyers, and engineers I know who fly GA are pilots.

I flew with a doctor who put himself through King Air school so he could fly our King Airs on his trips. He had previously owned a Bonanza and then a Duke, but he said he liked the arrangement with the King Airs better, since he would not really need to worry about the weather, etc. We did all the prep and he could get in and fly.

I also flew with a guy in the construction business who was part owner of a Lear 35, as well as a 340. He flew the 340 alone, but (obviously) needed another crew member in the Lear. He was technically the SIC but we let him fly from the left. I was surprised how well he did for only flying it every month or two.

Back