Sunday 8/5 OXB

SkySpy

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jerry
I am planning to fly an Archer from FRG Farmingdale to OXB Ocean City MD for the day. If anyone else has their plane for the day and wants to fly down in formation :blueplane::blueplane::blueplane:, it might be fun.
Anyone game? I plan to stay for dinner on the beach somewhere. I am IR but it looks like a beautiful day from the forecasts ......
Jerry

You need to get a cab from OXB to the beach (and that includes getting to food), but one of the cabbies monitors UNICOM, so you can call on UNICOM and they'll be there when you land. Anyway, as I'm out of SBY, I can't join you from FRG, but I might want to meet you at OXB if you need some formation practice. Is your formation card from FFI or FAST?

Ron Levy
FFI FL-64

Last edited:
Hi Ron, That would be great to finally meet !!!!! You are not too far from there right??
I was thinking of getting there around 11:30 AM unless I go to Ocean City NJ to meet "Flight Physician" out of NY. I didn't hear back from him yet.
The formation I was actually thinking of was used in "Operation Proud Deep" , remember that one?? :lightning:
So what is your schedule like for Sunday? Do you spend the day at the beach?
Jerry

IIRC, Proud Deep involved B-52's. Are we talking SAC-style 3-ship cells using air-to-air TACAN and radar for spacing? If so, I don't think that will work for our planes.

IIRC, Proud Deep involved B-52's. Are we talking SAC-style 3-ship cells using air-to-air TACAN and radar for spacing? If so, I don't think that will work for our planes.
Awwww we can hook all that up with Approach !! Think positive !! Otherwise we can act as spotters.......

Back